yj lacks power

i-love-jeep

if u have been fallowing me on my project i got it started and "moving" well anyhow i have to step on it to get it moving engine reving high and barly moving cant drive up a hill lack of power maybe but why?

Tell us a little about the jeep. What year? Engine? Miles? transmission type?

Tell us a little about the jeep. What year? Engine? Miles? transmission type?

From another thread, I gathered it was a manual transmission, because he was looking for a used clutch. My guess is that the clutch is slipping very, very badly. Much more of that and it will burn out completely. Was there much smoke coming from under the Jeep when you did this?

no no smoke but it is stick 95 2.5l i just wanted to know for sure if it was the clutch so i dont drop 300 for no reason is centerforce a good clutch? what is a good one?

Haha yea something like that, I wouldn't run any other engine though. I can roll this one over and it doesnt smoke at all, never spills oil, its a dream. I don't think that really pertains to you though...

I can't say yay or nay on Centerforce clutches, as I have no experience with them. All I've ever used, and the rest of my family, for that matter, is Luk clutches. Since the mid 70's, my immediate family has probably bought 8-10 clutches, all of the Luk, and they performed well and lasted until the vehicle was sold years later. I'm sure there are some on the board who have used Centerforce and can give their opinions on that brand, and I know many will also back me on the Luk clutches.

Good luck and keep us informed on how you do!

Haha yea something like that, I wouldn't run any other engine though. I can roll this one over and it doesnt smoke at all, never spills oil, its a dream. I don't think that really pertains to you though...

she rolls over it sound beast and runs nice just dont move nice

A 44, a 60, and 38's on a 4banger?!?!?:shock: What kinda gears you runnin'?

5.13's. But I have a granny transmission, gets me down to 95:1 crawl, it's the only reason the Jeep moves. Most people are amazed at the stuff I make the damn thing do.:twisted:

5.13's. But I have a granny transmission, gets me down to 95:1 crawl, it's the only reason the Jeep moves. Most people are amazed at the stuff I make the damn thing do.:twisted:

Sorry, corrupt, I know you're rig........thought it was I-love-jeep. I've seen what yours can do (and does!!). At least the guy's gettin' some advice from a good source!!

turdy, turdyfive, 4:10 4banger,
mud

Heck, I've just given him a hard time so far...

A good tune up goes a long way, and as everyone else is saying it could very well be your clutch. Also if your cat is clogged that can cause bogging down and loss of power. You pretty much need to give the Jeep a good once over

Back