YJ-1; Chevy-0

RE: happy happy joy joy

Well, about 3 hours ago I get this call from my buddy. He's got his Chevy 3/4 ton PU stuck in his back yard. Ok, so I grab the tow strap and head over there. Upon arrival, I see his truck buried to the axle in slimy Kansas clay. Oh....and it's got a trailer attached. Oh....and on the trailer is an 8x12 wooden shed.

I say, "Ok, no problem, unhook from the trailer, I'll have you out in a jiffy."

" Nope," he says, "the trailer is coming out with the truck, I'm moving the shed to my new house."

Alrighty, then, I proceed to hook up the strap to the tow hooks on the front bumper of my YJ. He says, "Ya better hook to the rear, you'll never get me out in reverse." HA!! Since I don't have any hooks or receiver yet on the rear, I just tell him to shut up and hang on. Before he can get his truck started, I've got him pulled 20 feet out of the mud onto the concrete driveway, trailer, shed, and all!!!!! Chalk one up for the mighty YJ!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I'm unhooking the strap, his wife comes over and quite firmly tells him they're going shopping for a Jeep Monday evening after work!!!

I tried getting pics of it, but it was dark and the camera wouldn't focus. Bummer. But, take my word for it as an honest member of Jeepz, I have no reason to lie, only reason to gloat in my victory over the Chevy, shed, and Kansas clay!

RE: Readers Rides Help

LOL Sparky, that is just too awesome. I'm proud of your Jeep and you! Victory is good and helping friends is too! Thanks for an enjoyable memory!

Lady

RE: Chevy 350 4 bolt Extra Stuff too !!!!!!!

Thanks, Lady. He's a good friend, probably one of the best I have, so I'd do anything to help him out. He'd do the same for me, too. It was a 60 mile drive round trip, and that was the second time today that I'd been there, first time was to pick up a nail gun he'd borrowed from me. Figured since he was in town, I'd save him a trip (they just moved about 100 miles away from us). Gonna miss having them close to us, but we'll manage to keep in touch.

Sparky-Watts said:
......................When I'm unhooking the strap, his wife comes over and quite firmly tells him they're going shopping for a Jeep Monday evening after work!!!

And more Jeepers coming to the "fold"!!!!!! Good job, Sparky. Gotta love those YJ's!!! (Oh, and TJ's and all the other "J's", too!!!)

I'm sorry, but I NEVER grow tired of such stories.

Hee hee, good for you Sparky! Good for the YJ! Good for all Jeep kind!

RE: Another welding question

White said:
Good story, Yep Its a Story huh.....

Sorry, White...the events are true, and the names and places haven't even been changed to protect the innocent! :lol:

image-missing.png

:lol:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Signature pic requirements

image-missing.png

:mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Here's to you, Sparky...

Jeep!

Back