Yea the super bowl is over!!

i am a 7 minute drive to a lake rite now.. once it hits summer time (expecially long weekends it takes me anywhere from 30minutes to 2 hours - if your lucky you can hi tail it throu the 1st nations reserve but you have to watch out for people throwing rocks at you. but all in all at least i'm in a small town rush hour lasts maybe between 5-5:30 most weekdays but now going to any other town drives me crazy. my rush hour is like everyones elses regular traffic - some might consider me lucky. but its not a luxury unless your not used to it.... i try to keep my driving in town if i can.

pushead said:
Glad to have ya. Our team will never make it to even one bowl before they leave this city.
have faith my friend, byron leftwich is one of the best young quarterbacks in the league by far. there's always hope with him under center.

It has nothing to do with byron here. Every home game was blacke out last year but 1 maybee 2. Same thing the year before. No ticket sales = no team. This is a college town and tickets are to steep for the local econemy. I drive a hour and a half to go to all the gator games for 20 bucks. Always more fun and alot cheaper. Sad thing is I live 10 minutes away from altell.

point taken. its just the opposite in boston, pro sports own this town. even before they won the world series, the red sox were the king of the hill in boston, and the patriots were not far behind. and then back in the 60's and 80's, the bruins and celtics were good too. its almost the same unfortunate situation for boston college men's basketball right now that the jags have. they're 20-0 right now, and #4 in the country, but they didnt sell out any home games until they were already 13-0. they're on a remarkable run right now, and they're not even mentioned on the sports radio station either. its all super bowl hangover talk, and then pitchers and catchers talk for about a week after that.

RE: Still have fenders,grill & hood ?

When was the Superbowl? Who was in it? Were there any "wardrobe malfunctions" this year? I hate pro sports, all except Nascar racing. Oh, and off-road racing. Don't care much for college sports, either, except for women's gymnastics (gym-nasties)......mmmmm......young, nubile, energetic, and incredibly flexible women wearing extremely form-fitting tiny outfits........'scuse me, gotta run!!!!

Jeep Unlimited on the Rubicon Trail

young, nubile, energetic, and incredibly flexible women wearing extremely form-fitting tiny outfits

Thought you were going to get into one of the Penthouse Forum letters again Sparky! :lol:

RE: Jeep Unlimited on the Rubicon Trail

Sparky-Watts said:
When was the Superbowl? Who was in it? Were there any "wardrobe malfunctions" this year? I hate pro sports, all except Nascar racing. Oh, and off-road racing. Don't care much for college sports, either, except for women's gymnastics (gym-nasties)......mmmmm......young, nubile, energetic, and incredibly flexible women wearing extremely form-fitting tiny outfits........'scuse me, gotta run!!!!

Sparky am I going to see you on the 20th then? I scored a club seat for the race in exchage for a well seated Metallica ticket.

RE: Still have fenders,grill & hood ?

Hmm... I can't wait till the Super Bowl comes to my neck of the woods...

Firstly, I don't care for football, don't like to watch it, and could care less if someone wins or falls in a comical manner down a flight of stairs, just not my thing...

MDOT and the Wayne County Road Commission have a huge task ahead of themselves to get the I-94 back in shape... Poorly planned many a year ago, and destroyed when oversalted right after it was built (salt + new concrete = no good)... It's about as smooth a ride as a blown out leaf spring, and a pain to navigate, because they tried that local lane express lane thing that just gets people confused... They did, however, build a nice arch... Not a pothole has been patched, the overpasses are crumbling, and the bridges are all under scruitny, but they made an arch last year. A nice brick one that is not connected to anything, and doesn't serve any purpose except to look extremely out of place...

Glad I live north of Detroit, because when that all hits, Southeast Lower Michigan is going to be a parking lot, maybe I can avoid some of it...

RE: Re: RE: Jeep Unlimited on the Rubicon Trail

pushead said:
Sparky-Watts said:

Sparky am I going to see you on the 20th then? I scored a club seat for the race in exchage for a well seated Metallica ticket.

Is that an ivitation? I'd go in a heartbeat if I had the $$. I can't believe I live within a day's drive of two of the best Nascar tracks in the nation and haven't ever been to a race. Closest I've been was a couple of years ago in Arizona, as the haulers were all leaving PIR enroute back east, and Sunshine and I drove along between Mark Martin's and Dale Jarrett's haulers for about 100 miles!

Jeep Compass ?

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper said:
young, nubile, energetic, and incredibly flexible women wearing extremely form-fitting tiny outfits

Thought you were going to get into one of the Penthouse Forum letters again Sparky! :lol:

:oops: What can I say....I'm a dirty old man at the age of 40! :twisted:

Sparky-Watts said:
....... I can't believe I live within a day's drive of two of the best Nascar tracks in the nation...........

You're an day's drive from Bristol!!!!????!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been to Daytona, but I wanna see a race at Bristol. Love that bangin'!

RE: Jeep Compass ?

Yeah, I wish. Probably 6 hours or so from Texas and 3 1/2 from Kansas City. My two favorites? Talladega and Bristol! Talladega is usually run right around my birthday (Oct 3), but still can't get Sunshine to buy me tickets for a birthday present.....

Back