Xv

TwistedCU

mingez said:
That was just the most horribly officiated game in some time.

there will always be a big * next to this year's champion in my book. Nice job Zebras. :evil:

I'll agree with the fact that it was poorly officiated. The NFL uses officials who have other careers, and are "weekend warriors" as refs. Hockey, baseball both have full time employees who make their living in the sport. The NFL needs to realize for the sport that brings the most $$$, they should have full time refs deciding games.

As poorly as it was officiated, It alone did not decide the game. There were bad calls for both teams, but it was no doubt worse for the Seahawks. We will never know.

Another thing that ticked me off was how they used a different ball for every play in the first half so they could sell them as relics. How pathetic it was to comprimise the game for something so petty. Quarterbacks will all tell you a new ball is slipperier and stiffer than one that has seen a few sets of downs. So will a kicker. Another factor influencing the game.

Long commercial breaks... I could go on.

The NFL needs to bring football back to the Super Bowl. What they've done to it puts it in the same quality catagory as preseason :|

Last edited:

TwistedCopper said:
......................As poorly as it was officiated, It alone did not decide the game................. How pathetic it was to comprimise the game for something so petty........................The NFL needs to bring football back to the Super Bowl. What they've done to it puts it in the same quality catagory as preseason :|

:agree:

TC, didn't you mean "XL" in your title, or am I missing something? I fully agree with all points noted above. The Super Bowl is no longer a game, it's an "event". Not exactly sure when that happened. Seattle lost 'cause they played terribly.......just like Carolina did when they played Seattle. Pittsburgh sucked, too, but just enough less to win the game. I actually watched the halftime show this time (something I NEVER do......yes, I missed the "Janet Jackson" thing). It was about as pathetic as the game.

Hey, at least the 'Wings beat the Av's!!!!!

Ah, no. I was talking about Super Bowl um, ah, um, fifteen?

Geez, if a V and an L were even close on a keyboard I might have gotten away with that :oops:

I'm retarded.

My son kept laughing at Mick Jagger. He asked why he was wearing a "glittery tummy shirt like a girl would" :p

Last edited:
I love the Stones, but Mick looked like an old chick and they could not have picked a more predictable set. Start me up, the new song, and satisfaction... Come on.

TwistedCopper said:
Ah, no. I was talking about Super Bowl um, ah, um, fifteen?

Geez, if a V and an L were even close on a keyboard I might have gotten away with that :oops:

I'm retarded.

My son kept laughing at Mick Jagger. He asked why he was wearing a "glittery tummy shirt like a girl would" :p

Yeah, I figured. No wonder the Roman Empire fell..........who the heck counts like that??????? Love your son's take.....too, too funny!!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

TwistedCopper said:
I'll agree with the fact that it was poorly officiated. The NFL uses officials who have other careers, and are "weekend warriors" as refs. Hockey, baseball both have full time employees who make their living in the sport. The NFL needs to realize for the sport that brings the most $$$, they should have full time refs deciding games.

As poorly as it was officiated, It alone did not decide the game. There were bad calls for both teams, but it was no doubt worse for the Seahawks. We will never know.

Another thing that ticked me off was how they used a different ball for every play in the first half so they could sell them as relics. How pathetic it was to comprimise the game for something so petty. Quarterbacks will all tell you a new ball is slipperier and stiffer than one that has seen a few sets of downs. So will a kicker. Another factor influencing the game.

Long commercial breaks... I could go on.

The NFL needs to bring football back to the Super Bowl. What they've done to it puts it in the same quality catagory as preseason :|

Absolutely right, but things like momentum play huge in a game like that. The Seahawks dominated the HELL out of the Steelers in the first half. It should have been atleast 13-3 Hawks, going in to halftime. That "offensive pass interference" call on Jackson was horrible. I mean, they (seattle) were moving the ball at will on them.

I wouldn't say that the Seahawks played "Awful" but they certainly coached awful. What kind of horrible clock management was that at the end of the game and at the end of halftime? Holmgren did suck in that game.

I felt the Steelers would win by less than 3 points. And had this game been called correctly, it probably would have been closer.

I don't have a dog in this race (I don't like either team), but I have to cry foul when I see foul play. And those ref's ....oye veh.

It's sad for the Seahawks obviously. But it's sad for the Steelers. Cause they have to live with the question mark of whether or not they deserved it. I'm sure they'd rather have a clean win.

What about the 'Canes Mud? You HAVE to like what they are doing!

Back