XJ Front Sway bar

Get a factory swaybar with extended endlinks. Most aftermarket swaybar systems are too soft for onroad use, especially with as much lift as your setup.

Yep... Here is info on the swaybar end links that are designed for your set-up...
Just use a factory sway bar and these:

End Links, Extended Sway Bar (Quick Double Disconnect) 8" Front, Skyjacker
1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ w/ 8" Lift
Part # SJ-SBE328

$111.99

You can compare prices online ... This was just the first ad I saw... (Morris 4x4)

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

Any idea how difficult it is to get these reconnected? And whats the best/easiest way to keep them up and out of the way? The bungee cord method seems far from elegant but I guess if it works....

jeepin_idaho said:
Any idea how difficult it is to get these reconnected? And whats the best/easiest way to keep them up and out of the way? The bungee cord method seems far from elegant but I guess if it works....

The double disconnects are the easiest / fastest... Typically,( most brands I've seen) The link is comprised of 3 pieces.... The short little top & bottom pieces, (which are just spherical rod ends with a clevis style shaft ) remain fixed in place while the center section is easily removed by pulling out the 2 pins (top /bottom)

Every brand has their own little "twist".... To try and be unique...
And of course no single vendor carries them all... So you just have to "google" around to see the different brands
(skyjacker; zone; warrior; rubicon express; JKS; + a zillion others :-> )

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

I use JKS for the 3.5" lift, if they have a version for the 8" lift, they work great.
Saar

Back