XJ Dash Lighting Questions

Jeep®

At Night When You Turn On The Lights The Dash Lights Up...We All Know That But Is The Temparture Controls Suppose To Light Up?, I Cant Remember Them Being Lighted Up But I Have A Feeling They Should Can Anyone Help Me Out?[addsig]

I do think they are suppost to light up, Mine does not cause of an electrial problem but it should. Tug[addsig]

Yes. What model year do you have? On the earlier cherokees, the climate control unit is illuminated by a little light bulb that is replaceable. Once you remove the big plastic dash piece, the bulb is twist-locked into the right side of the climate control unit. Also check for loose connections at the socket.

Also there is an illumination relay under the driver's side kickpanel that controls the radio,clock,etc. lamps. But if your radio lights, etc. work, the relay is good.

-Nick

edited by: XJNick, Jun 01, 2003 - 05:28 AM[addsig]

Yeah, lol Sorry I have a 1992 Jeep Cherokee, All the other dash lights work accept the climite control, i didnt know if is was suppose to light up but it made sence that it should because it just looks werid at night with a big empty dark space lol :)

edited by: Jeep®, Jun 01, 2003 - 06:36 PM[addsig]

I had the same problem. All lights worked except for the air controls and I know it worked because it was fine for a years. After becoming annoyed(took a couple months). I disaseembled the dash and if you have small hands you can reach intothe dash behind the air temp controls and take out the bulb holder that has the burnt out bulb. Pop a new autozone bulb in and twist back into the back. Re assemble dash. Easy as that-Justin[addsig]

I've got a 92 xj,
All you have to do it pop off the plastic gray bezel off, and then unscrew the climate control box.
There is on little 90 cent light bulb that is on the right side i belive that burns out. I thought for the longest time that It didn't light up, but when i installed my stereo i decided to take it apart.

hope that helps[addsig]

Back