Wrangler Owners Beware

dropseys

I am a police officer in Salisbury, MD and I would like anyone in the area ot be cautious of what you leave in your Jeeps. Yesterday i alone took 5 reports where someone had cut through the tops or windows on Wranglers and sorted through the interiors. One guy had his roof cut completely around the rear driver side window. The suspect(s) took books, a cd player face plate, a back pack, 60 - 70 cd's, chapstick, and change. Someone is being stupid and I want everyone to use caution with their Wranglers (all vehicles actually) as i hate seeing people get screwed out of serious cash, especially around the holiday season. Take care. :!:

Maybe we ought to attached stickers to our vehicles........"When robbing me blind, PLEASE USE THE ZIPPERS!!!!!"

RE: I have a problem

mud4feet said:
Maybe we ought to attached stickers to our vehicles........"When robbing me blind, PLEASE USE THE ZIPPERS!!!!!"

:lol: That's what really pisses me off. Not only are they stealing stuff but they have to needlessly ruin a window or a top. Too stupid or lazy to use a zipper. :evil:

Leak coming in from dashboard

yea i locked my keys in my dads jeep when i took my girlfriend to her prom ( i took my dads jeep cuz i didnt have a ladder to get her in mine, literally) and when i realized it coming back from dinner, i just unzipped the side window and crawled in

Lovely News, how about I bet it was on the south side of town near the college? I happen to live there. You know my trouble with the peeper already. I plan to move in January. Hope me and the Jeep can make it till then.

Thanks for the warning!
LJF

yeah it was the off s division st near the athletic fields. and one of camden ave.

Mind if I post this on the ESJA forum? Just let me know sometime, i do appreciate the warning. I took all my CD's, the handheld CB, and winch cable out of the jeep tonight and left it unlocked.

LJF

no prob...tell anyone you know. I believe its been happening after 1 am. We may have a a suspect. If u see a white guy, in his 40's, with a bald head walking around ur neighborhood call the police and tell them theres a suspicious person hanging out. Give them the best description u can but don't risk ur safety.

Boy, that guy gets around - I think he was here in town last night! HaHa Hope he gets nailed hard! LBR

RE: grille guard questions

yea i locked my keys in my dads jeep when i took my girlfriend to her prom ( i took my dads jeep cuz i didnt have a ladder to get her in mine, literally)
haha i took my girlfriend to prom in my jeep. I had a step ladder in the back for her to get in.

I live in south carolina and im looking to start a club down here and i was wondering if anyong lived in charleston SC and wanted to start a jeep 4X4 offroading club? p;ease reply to this if you live in South Carolina thanks

Crazy, you may want to start a new topic in the general forum for this. It may not get seen here, just an idea. I'm sure there are jeepers out there that would be interested! Welcome to Jeepz!

LJF

What's a top? JK, got mine on for the winter months. Being topless all year but for winter kinda gets you used to not leaving valuables in the jeep.

Howdy from another Five-Oh :D

Yet another reason why XJ's are better........ I am kidding cool down!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: Trying to replace motor mount

Fortunately, I havn't had much trouble with that. My jeep's doors don't have locks, and the only thing that might be worth stealing is the back seat. No radio, no center consol, but both are planned soon (will lock faceplate in center consol when i get around to installing them). I installed a hidden distributor cutout switch and jerry-rigged a hood lock. Also, the condition of the body tends to communicate to burglars that anything it contains isn't worth stealing.

Back