Would this work???

Jeepster05

Will a set of 34x12.50s work with a YJ with stock axles?? I'm not going to be able to upgrade axles for a very long time if I ever do. So I want to go as big as I can without doing serious damage. Right now I have 33x12.50s and I go 4wheeling a lot so Does anyone have any suggestions/knowledge about this sort of t hing?[addsig]

I have heard of people goin as big as 35's on stock axles- BUT at that point you are right on the border of breaking something. I would say it MAY be possible, but be careful when you are off-roading not to put too much stress on the axles. That is a lot of weight and tire to turn and will stress the axles quite a bit.

Do you live near a junkyard of some sort? You can get a set of old axles to use instead of trying to swallow the cost of buying new. Just another option to keep in mind-[addsig]

I think theres a junk yard dedicated to jeeps somewhere around here. I do put a lot of stress on my axles so I'l probably going to have to stick with 33s but I need bigger. [addsig]

Back