Workin' on the heepin' jeepin'

Sully

RE: driveline vibes

Maybe some of you have noticed my lack of jeep activity. Or my excuses for lack of activity. I havent been wheeling in MONTHS! MONTHS! I have been tinkering here and there, but nothing serious. Today, I said the heck with it. And pulled out my steering box along with the steering shaft. I cleaned that sucker up because it was DIRTY! Here are some pics of my dirty box.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

It's much cleaner now. I am getting new hoses and clamps for everything. Plus, the boot is thrashed so I am replacing that too.

Now onto the bigger deal. I did all I could do for the steering box. But I wanted something else to do. So, I did this......

Blocked it up.....
MVC080S-4.jpg

Looked at this suitcase sized skid and decided it had to go....
MVC082S-4.jpg

image-missing.png

Look at this mess!
MVC089S-4.jpg

Started with this....
image-missing.png

And ended up with this.....
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

So I pulled the t-case skid and decided to start my flat skid mod I have been wanting to do since forever. I pulled the seats and the center consol so I could get the carpet up and have everything out of my way. I figure I might as well hurculine too while I am down here. Here are the rest of the pics.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

MVC104S-4.jpg

I know it's just a baby step, but I am just setting up to get it all done. I will keep you all posted on how this flat skid goes. Doesnt seam like it will be that bad. Just have to make up some brackets for the 4wd lever. Fab up a skid, and cut some holes in the floor and I should be good. I figure it will be done sometime in april.

Fenders: To cut or not to cut...

And pulled out my steering box along with the steering shaft. I cleaned that sucker up because it was DIRTY! Here are some pics of my dirty box.

Good night everyone! Try the veal, and be sure to tip your waitress!

yet another newbie...

mingez said:
And pulled out my steering box along with the steering shaft. I cleaned that sucker up because it was DIRTY! Here are some pics of my dirty box.

Good night everyone! Try the veal, and be sure to tip your waitress!
:lol:

Must be nice to have a garage to work in. I have to wait for warm weather to get anything done! Lookin good sully... what steering box are you going with? I got an AGR, it's frickin beefy! Depending what you want to do with the jeep there is the "Super Box 1" and the "Super Box 2". Both are basically the same, just one is designed for use as a daily driver with a different variable ratio gearing for better handling and street use.

Looks like you're off to a good start... Joopin, I hear ya, although I DO have a garage (heated too) where I can go and work on the Jeep, I have never really had to do any major repairs to it yet, just some tweaking, construction, and maintanance... My friends, on the other hand, well, they like their cars to break down in the cold outdoors, and cannot make the 45 minute drive out to the garage... Radiators in the winter, trans coolers in the freezing rain, starters in a blizzard, water pumps in the late autumn... NOT FUN!

Sully, hope all goes well, good luck and etc...

Back