wiring issue in door in 00 cherokee

ianb

New member here tring to help out my mother with a irratating issue with the window switch on the driver side door and also a issue on the pass side switch.

What happens is every once in a while when i would open and close the door the green lights on the switch would go out and obviously i wouldnt be able to use but once i shut it the green lights would come back on and all is well. I know the issue is somewhere in between the door and jeep under the hinge. took the whole door apart bascially and the only questionable thing i saw was two wirings comming from the door into one plastic connector which on the other end it was broke :rolleyes:. I hunt around on the end comming from the jeep and notice a thick black wire that has been broke but it doesnt seem like the connector and black wire would fit together :???:

My other issue is on top of the Driver side switch not working most of the time the pass side Window Only switch wont work but the lock works fine. I did get the green light and the window to go up once or twice by opening and closing the Driver side door.

So after messing with it for a hour before it got dark and late put it all back together and now the driver side switch is not working/lighting up :x

Does any have any links for a wiring diagram or advice on what wires to look at ???

thanks everyone

oh yeah new issue today..now the dome light is stuck on and none of the open door switches on all 5 doors are not stuck :?|

My 00 XJ also had the non-drivers door window switches stop working. Back then I found a post about it somewhere, but I don't have the link anymore. Sounded like a common problem. One guy posted and many more chimed in that they had the same problem.

The window lock switch breaks and cuts power to the other window switches, just like when you have them "locked." The fix is easy, just put a jumper wire in the harness inside the door. This makes them permanently "unlocked." Do a little looking around and you'll find a wiring diagram/picture to tell you which ones. I went a different route and was able to force fit a Radio Shack switch to replace the old. It was more trouble than it was probably worth.

Back