Windy drive

nascarcowboy

Yesterday on my drive home, there were 30 mph winds gusty to 50 mph. My wrangler was a two handed steering job and the top halves of my doors ( I have a soft top ) would blow out about an inch or two. Is this a jeep thing that I need to get used too, or is there something I do?
:-O [addsig]

Yes, welcome to the world of a Jeep. Its to be expected- the aerodynamics of a Jeep are about the equivilent of a couple bricks, so expect the wind to have fun with your Jeep. And the doors, yup- Jeep thing. One thing you can do however is to bow the windows in so that they sit a little tighter against the top. This will help some but will not solve it completely.[addsig]

LMAO!!!! Yes, welcome to one of the many quirks that a Jeep has. I was driving a girl/friend home one windy night and the uppers flexed out and slammed against the Jeep. This girl damn near jumped out of her skin! :lol: You will also notice the top will flex upwards, and if it's cold enough, it will stick that way for a little while.[addsig]

Gosh I love a good cold draft! hehehe You have to love it or you would need to drive something else. Tug[addsig]

Back