Windshield Down?

southtj

Does anyone really put their windshields down on their Jeeps? I see it in the ads and it looks cool but is it really practical? Did I read somewhere about some leaking problems after putting it down?

Just wondering.

image-missing.png

The leaking problem occurs after you let it down Wrong. there are some adjustment bolts on the bars that are between the Roll and the windshield. If you mess with these it will take the windshield out of factory adjustment and make the top not fit right. Again, In your Video it will show you how to do this and it will expressly tell you which bolts NOT to mess with and why.

L33TJ33P said:
In your Video it will show you how to do this and it will expressly tell you which bolts NOT to mess with and why.

Video??? Am I missing something? I bought my Jeep used and didnt get a video. Where can I get a video for a 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport?

Ahhhh...on the video. Sounds like it is a wealth of info. Yeah, Tug, I doubt you'd want to go too fast with it down.

But, what is the point really of putting down the windshield? Better visibility offroad?

Great question for mail call!!!

I bet it is for storage or shipping steming from the original GP's. Not to mention they could sneak under tons of stuff with it down. No roll bar no windhield. Just "DUCK GI!!!"

I use mine once in while, mainly farting around in the yard with the daughter, or when its getting hot and no breeze is around.

Yeah everyones got to do it at least once :) . You can get leaks from it if your seals are brittle and shot already and then you put it down, TJ's for the most part shouldn't be old enough for that problem yet though.

I haven't put my sheild down, I keep mine up to protect me from all the green and red juicy invaders that fly in my circle of the universe.

I have a video too, it comes with brand new jeeps from the dealer but I have no idea where you'd get one. I watched mine about three times when I got it and have no idea where it is now. LOL

Lady

OK, MAGGOTS...KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM AND LISTEN UP!!!

I don't want to discipline your a$$es, but I will if I have to!!!

Here is one reason why military GPs (Jeeps) have folding windshields:

image-missing.png

UUUHHH-RAA!!! Serious road-rage!

Oh, and by the way:

If you see a kid pull into the Dairy Queen riding a Vespa like this one...

image-missing.png

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Regards,

Gunny Gadget :mrgreen:

Very Very Slow UTAH, so as not to eat any bugs. They prolly did it with thier eyes and mouths closed so it was slow going!
LMAO

Lady

I can't wait either Lady. Not only is it my first Jeep but my first truly new car. The last two were both a year old and all the others were about 5 years old. The last I heard it will be here next Monday the 6th. :D :D

I'm sure I will let everyone know when it arrives

Well South,

That is not long now indeed! I am excited for you! I know what you mean about new cars, this Jeep of mine is also my first true new car. The newest I had was my last one at a year old program car. IT wasn't truly the car I wanted, it was the only car I could afford at the time.

This is the first time I had taken the time and money to actually buy what I wanted brand new.

You are gonna love your new machine! Congrats!

Lady :lol:

I've taken mine down a couple of times when i go hunting, when you are spotlighting at night and you have the window down you have like a 360* shooting range pretty much, fun but sucks when you get bugs in your face

why??? because its a good feeling... the feeling of being capable of doing it, where as nobody else can... the feeling of driving a really fast go-cart, the wind is great... i've gone on the highway, about 70 mph with the windshield down... some don't like it... but as long as you keep your eyes squinted enough, you can almost tell where you are going

Back