Window shopping with Mom...

Saurian

RE: Leak coming in from dashboard

Well, no, not really... I wasn't buying windows, I was shopping for Jeep things... Mom and I went up to Mumbly's Off-Road, in Clinton Township to do some price checking on tow-hooks and things... Well, tow hooks for the XJ are not kept in stock, due to the unibody construction, but they DO have a very fine grille guard that, when properly mounted according to direction, can more than take the pull of tow hooks... That, and can hold a winch in reciever, so it can be mounted in the back, and it can be a light bar, and it can attach some brush guards... I LIIKKKEEEE!!! After getting prices together on everything, we were shooting the breeze about this, that, and the other, and got to talking about our respective Jeeps, the guy (think his name was Anthony, darn my muddled memory) behind the counter was all like "yeah, I've got my Jeep in back, you wanna see it?" I go in back, there is this very fine '93 YJ sitting there, 33" tires, 3" body lift, 3" suspension lift, grille guard, extra lighting... I was impressed to say the least.

I am SO glad I went there, had seen the place, but had never been in. Besides the fact that I like to support local businesses, we stood there and chatted for like an hour about our Jeeps... It's creepy... He's looking into getting an XJ, I am looking into getting a YJ. We're both going to school for culinary arts, but are both torn between that, and teaching English. Both have places very close up north, both worked very close up north, and we both have May birthdays... And I finally got to see an example of the difference between a suspension lift, and a body lift. And the wee 2.5 litre engine, I had never seen one, seen plenty of 4.0s... It was just a really nice evening talking about Jeep with someone in person... And he was very encouraging regarding the installs of everything, he had never done anything like it before, and ended up doing his lift on his own, said it was a piece of cake. I can follow directions, and I have a heated garage full of tools, so I am less worried, just NEED to remember to measure the garage doors in both bays, heard plenty of lift horror stories regarding THAT one...

So, hopefully, we get the generous parents and family thing kicking in for the holidays, and I just may have a full grille and brush guard assembly by the first of the year. Anyone want to come up to beautiful snowy and cold as daylights Michigan for some wrenching with a pleasant drummer in a heated garage? :wink: :wink: :wink: Then the winch... Protect the Jeep, Unstick the Jeep, Lift the Jeep, that's the plan...

RE: Re: RE: New engine and transmission for my 84 CJ7

Well if I was closer Id be there in a heartbeat to help ya out. Thats the only drawback to this site, most of you are on the other side of the country!

Well, chilling down in Texas and all... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: What can I say, my grandpa left it as his legacy with all the creature comforts... old, but comforts nonetheless... All the tools and parts you need, shelving full of everything, outlets everywhere, little furnace up in the corner, celing fan for hot summer, and a wicked cool bugzapper that goes "BZZT" when moths come too near. It has this smell, combination of hand cleaner and gasoline, it was the smell that my grandpa always smelled like, so it's a fine place to work.

Come on, I know you want to head up for vacation. We should have a foot of snow or so on the ground by then 8)

Hoo hah! It's confirmed, I get grille guard for Christmas! At the very least, now I'll have a tow point for my fellow Jeepers to unstick me when I get into foolishness at the Mounds...

Now all I have to do is win the winch that they're raffling off at the MichiganJeepers Christmas party... Anyone else gonna be/hoping to get Jeep related presents this year?

Back