Winches (Whatcha got?)

tallen

Just curious if you have a winch on the front end of your rig what is it, are you happy with it and would you buy it again. I had a Ramsey Pro Plus 9000 on my last Jeep and I'm getting ready to purchase another winch for my latest toy. [addsig]

I gotta buy one of those to !!!!!!!!! oh man, there goes the bank lol Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

i gotta ramsey rep 6000#, i know its not some 15,000# firetruck winch, but it has never failed to pull me out
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Warn M8274 8000# winch, just picked it up used for $100 and it's in great shape. Probably 25 to 30 years old, need to call Warn and get the date code deciphered. This winch may be older than me
image-missing.png
It's done very well so far, some long hard pulls. Fast line speed makes recovery quick, especially when your the winch Jeep for the entire trail ride and you have to winch every Jeep up the same hill
image-missing.png
At 74ft. a minute no-load, you can spool the entire 150ft. of cable in about 2 minutes
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Warn 8000 lb...so far no problems!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I have the Wantone Realbad modle #1, it don't seem to work very well, hope to change that really soon.
image-missing.png
Tug[addsig]

at this point in time i have 3 warn 8000 the old models and have have great luck with them bought mt 1rst one 26 years ago love the 200 ft of cable you can get on them and they are fast but i am swithing over to the mile marker hyd winch because you cant buy parts for the old warns hope the mile markers hold up as well[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>at this point in time i have 3 warn 8000 the old models and have have great luck with them bought mt 1rst one 26 years ago love the 200 ft of cable you can get on them and they are fast but i am swithing over to the mile marker hyd winch because you cant buy parts for the old warns hope the mile markers hold up as well</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, you can get every single part still. Got all mine from www.dsiwarn.com they were great
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back