wideband o2 sensor

superj

since i no longer needed the factory o2 and i was wondering how the jets in this holley were running, i installed my innovate lc1 wideband. i am still resoldering hte controller wiring but once i get it all done, i can just hook my laptop to the plug and drive around and see what air fuel mixture i use the whole time. then, i can make any adjustments if its needed and also, i can be ready when i do other mods so i can see what adjustments need to be made then.

20110709094223-1.jpg

this is the kit. i have had it for about 5 years because it went with the stand alone i built for my bmw while preparing to supercharge it for autocrossing. stand alone didn't work out how i wanted so i removed it all and this has been on the shelf ever since.

20110709094202-1.jpg

this is hte actual wideband o2 sensor. if i remember right, this is a ford mustang wideband o2.

20110709094148-1.jpg

this is where the stock narrow band would go and it unthreaded very nicely

20110709100456-1.jpg

here is hte wideband threaded in and ready for the controller

20110709100801-1.jpg

here is my little sticker collection. for some reason, it seems like i have a lot of muscle car stickers

the controller is a box that powers the wideband and also has a few outputs for a gauge and for m laptop to plug into. the controller goes in the engine bay and the plugs can be run anywhere a person wants them run to. i will probably just tuck it under the dash so i can pull it out when i need it because i don't need people pluging stuff into it and screwing it up because they think its for an ipod or an mp3 or something. i will get ya'll some pics of the controller and how i put it in tomorrow. i wall also copy a drive around the neighborhood and post it so you guys can check it out too.

wol_error-1.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720.
4158b5ac-1.jpg

Here is the controller. I attached it to the stock cruise control sheathing

wol_error-1.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720.
853b1878-1.jpg

Here is the power. Turns out it is not a good spot so I will to move to another spot and make a better real connection

wol_error-1.gif
735b9433-1.jpg

Here is the grounds, all soldered and wrapped

wol_error-1.gif
af5fd6e6-1.jpg

Here is the wire from the controller to the laptop. I didn't use this laptop for the run because my son didn't plug it back last time he used it so you'll see later I had to use some adapters

wol_error-1.gif
d1d4008b-1.jpg

Here is the reset button and led. The led stays lit to let you know your good but if it starts flashing then you have a connection error somewhere

wol_error-1.gif
a991693b-1.jpg

This is a serial adapter to use a newer laptop that only has USB plugs

wol_error-1.gif
12776a67-1.jpg

Here is what pops up when you turn the jeep on and run the programmer to make sure you are hooked up right

wol_error-1.gif
628d1805-1.jpg

This is where your a/f ratio is shown when you plug your laptop in

I got a video with my phone but since my power source was not connected well, I kept popping an error so I will reset my power source and redo the video for you guys. I would like to record on my iPod but I have to find the video camera setting

I had the innovative kit for my old Porsche 914 and it was sweet. I think it's the same sensor and brains, but with the optional gauge. Without the wideband sensor I never could have setup those carbs.

I had the innovative kit for my old Porsche 914 and it was sweet. I think it's the same sensor and brains, but with the optional gauge. Without the wideband sensor I never could have setup those carbs.

i think i am going to order the gauge sometime. might as well since i have this thing in the vehicle now.

Back