Who's OJ Gonna Use Now?

RE: Who

Sorry, forgot the name....Johnny Cochran. (I have a better spelling of his name, but it's not at all forum or family friendly.)

RE: Re: Career Change 2: Radiologic Technology

No way! I wonder what happened? I guess his glove didn't fit.

RE: Yippie. I got a new job.

Sparky-Watts said:
judge09 said:
I am taking a wild guess at saying Sparky isnt an OJ fan

I've never been a big fan of lying murderers.

Not true!! What about BTK?! :lol: :wink:

mingez said:
Sparky-Watts said:
judge09 said:

He's got you there :lol:

Come on now... you do realize Juice was found innocent in a court of law...

If the glove don't fit, you must acquit!

:roll:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Who

TwistedCopper said:
mingez said:
Sparky-Watts said:
judge09 said:

Dennis Rader (BTK} isn't a liar. He's confessed to all 10 murders. OJ's trial was a travesty of justice. If he wasn't guilty, how did the families of the victims sue him for wrongful death and win?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Who

that was 100% sarcasm Sparky. Guess it's kind of hard to hear a sacastic "lilt" in type. I am no OJ fan and I too think he was guilty.

Good point about BTK, but he's a sick baaastad too.

RE: Ginger or Mary Ann?

Sparky-Watts said:
TwistedCopper said:
mingez said:
Sparky-Watts said:
judge09 said:

Dennis Rader (BTK} isn't a liar. He's confessed to all 10 murders. OJ's trial was a travesty of justice. If he wasn't guilty, how did the families of the victims sue him for wrongful death and win?

Geez, I was just joking.... can't I give a friend a rash of crap once in a while!? :wink: :lol:

dash speakers

Sparky-Watts said:
CNN is now reporting that OJ Simpson's attorney that let him get away with murder is dead at age 67. Good riddance.
as a CJ major, i must shed some light on the subject. he did his job. and he did it better than the prosecution. in the words of tom cruise "it doesnt matter what i believe, it matters what i can prove." you dont have to agree with it, but its the harsh reality of the criminal justice system. if thats how cochran wanted to make his living, more power to him. he's the one that had to sleep with that at night, not me.

one professor i had last semester, one of the smartest women i've ever met, used to be a lawyer. she passed the bar in three states and was a public defense attorney. that said, she didnt like what she had to do, and got out of it. its their choice. not yours. but if they can do their job well, and make no mistake, all cochran was doing was his job, then who are you to tell him he's wrong for doing it. he didnt break any rules or laws by doing so.

Hey, come on...I know you guys were kidding me! You two are the least likely ones I'd suspect of attacking me here!

Oh, yeah, I'm also going to have to toss Robert "Beretta" Blake in with OJ....he got away with murder, too.

Sparky-Watts said:
OJ's trial was a travesty of justice. If he wasn't guilty, how did the families of the victims sue him for wrongful death and win?
because those have nothing to do with eachother. its messed up, but take your feelings aside, and try to find something that was done illegally and you wont come up with anything.

and hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i cant see hating someone for being good at his job, as immoral as you may think his job is, its his, not yours. i am in no way defending OJ, do i think he was guilty? sure, can i do something about it? no.

(ps - he's still one of the top 5 running backs of all time)

bchcky said:
Sparky-Watts said:
OJ's trial was a travesty of justice. If he wasn't guilty, how did the families of the victims sue him for wrongful death and win?
because those have nothing to do with eachother. its messed up, but take your feelings aside, and try to find something that was done illegally and you wont come up with anything.

and hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i cant see hating someone for being good at his job, as immoral as you may think his job is, its his, not yours. i am in no way defending OJ, do i think he was guilty? sure, can i do something about it? no.

(ps - he's still one of the top 5 running backs of all time)

True, but I think the thing that irks everyone isn't that he got away with it. But rather you and I aren't privey to the same resources as he, and thus would have been found guilty.

It's the fact that we aren't on a level playing field. And YES it's a sad fact of life, but if you start saying things like: "that's life" for every travesty that occurs, then no progress comes of it.

And who knows, maybe someday you will be in a position to affect the outcome of a similar circumstance. And such knowledge may keep yet another tragedy from coming to fruition.

RE: rollbar to windshield frame mounting bolts

What irks me also is the wrongful death thing. (I don't see how you can say that and the murder have nothing to do with each other). If he had been convicted of murder, the family couldn't have sued for wrongful death. Since he was acquitted of murder (stating that he didn't commit the murder) they were able to sue for wrongful death (stating that he did commit the murder). That is what doesn't make any sense. A civil court, in effect, found him guilty of a murder that a criminal court found him innocent of.

Oh, another reason it irks me is that he was acquitted on my birthday.

Back