Which one

RE: Re: RE: Plastic or metal rocker panel guards for TJ?

smAll-Terrains. Got no use for them, unless I was driving my Jeep cross country.....using the paved roads.

Thornbirds are all terrains. They can be cut, and even uncut it's one of the better all terrain tires out there as far as offroad performance goes. I got some 35" Thornturds around somewhere, I'll let anybody with 35" BFG ATs follow me into the woods if you want to see which is better.

Wouldn't a GSA be an all terrain, or might as well be?

RE: Code 11

My YJ had GSA's on it when I bought it, was really impressed with how they did on the Ozark trails in MO when aired down.

I will no longer have anything besides Swampers, once you go with the ultimate in traction, you'll never go back.

Shock absorbers for a TJ

Junkpile said:
smAll-Terrains. Got no use for them, unless I was driving my Jeep cross country.....using the paved roads.

Exactly!

Re: RE: Which one

I saw 3 different Jeeps in our group at Paragon last weekend slide all over the place on Thornbirds. I'd never buy 'em.

I accidently clicked all-terrains but I meant to vote against the thornturds.

RE: Shock absorbers for a TJ

I liked the design of the "ThornTurds" but now I'll just go Bogger or TSL. I clicked GSA 'cause even the chevy I work in gets stuck in wet grass! I hate GSA's

RE: Re: RE: Which one

Wet grass is slick as snot.

RE: Re: RE: Another Newbie

Sully said:
Wet grass is slick as snot.

No, it'snot! (poor attempt at humor :oops: ). I voted the GSA's - came stock on mine and they suck for anything but pavement. Currently running Bridgestone Dueler Revo AT's but soon to replace with some sort of MT - haven't decided yet. The Revo's are great on wet pavement and mild trails, but suck in the mud. Still trying to balance my "daily driving" and traction, economy, stock suspension and gearing, etc. But in answer to the poll question, GSA's will never touch my wheels again!!

All terrains, Thornbirds, and Baja Claws.

I hate all terrains, thornbirds are worse than an all terrain, and directional tires are good 'till you get stuck....then you have no traction when you go to back up.

RE: Shock absorbers for a TJ

I voted all terrains, but I should have voted Thornbirds. Heavy, non-self cleaning pieces of crap.

Back