Where to go wheelin and why is it called that.

southtj

Is there a site I can go to that would list the legal places in my area to go wheelin? I know a couple of places here but you have to watch out for the cops when going over the sidewalk to get to the entrance. I would prefer to go somewhere that it's safe (reasonably) and legal.

Also, when did people start calling it 'Wheelin' ? People go wheelin now. Back in the late '80s I had a bronco and we always went 'muddin'. Is this a regional thing (I'm in the south) or has the name of off road driving been officially changed? :lol:

I would suggest to get intouch with a local club and ask what public property it is that they ride on.

Muddin' usually refers to finding a mud hole and plowing through it. Wheelin' covers all types of driving in a 4WD vehicle.....trails....hill climbs....rock crawling....mud holes....etc. At least that's the way that I see it. And I'll second the tip on finding a 4WD club and seeing where you can go legally.

Ahaa, that was the magic word I was looking for. I've googled everything I could think of and no luck finding anything, but I did a search for ORV Parks and Jackpot.

Thanks.

around here... we use "muddin, wheelin, 4 by-ing, offroadin, climbin, trailin, getting stuck, conquer the hill.... all sorts of stuff"... but everyone seems to know what i mean when i say "lets go for a ride"

Yea like Snitty said it is a rose by any other name. Call it what you want to but do it often as you can. It is all about the short lever in the middle of the floor pan up front. Find a need for it a just do it. Lock em in get off the road and as my friend Jason aka L33TJ33P would yell "More Throttle" hehehehe Tug

Back