When is a Jeep not a Jeep

joejeepny

I am new to the site and was wondering if you ever discussed the topic of when is a Jeep not a Jeep. If you buy a Matkins frame, a 4WD tub and fenders, Currie axles, and throw a Chevy 350 in it what do you have. Can you go on a Jeep Jamboree and other Jeep only events.[addsig]

i would bet you could cause it still looks like a jeep.... but i dont know if there is a req. for that stuff[addsig]

Jeeps have been built from so many different parts in history... no matter what you put in it, you're just giving that part a better home[addsig]

The Jeep has been about every make one time or another. Willis Kiser Ford AMC Dodge and I am sure I missed a few. I have never done the math but if I could afford one I would build one from the ground up with almost all after market parts. Aluminum Body would be my choice though. Tug[addsig]

dodge didnt to my knowledge..... but your are leaving out the orig.... Bantam[addsig]

A jeep is not a jeep when some yahoo makes a street jeep out of it with it all low and dubed out and neon lights under the frame and silly stuff like that. tug[addsig]

haha.. dubbed out.... good call
[addsig]

LMAO hahahahaha....A jeep is a jeep if it says, "JEEP"
and if it has big mud tires and a good mud bath paint
job. Wether it is powered by chevy the chevy was wishing
it was a jeep motor, suspension kits, big axles, and mud falling
out while going down the highway and pissing off some low-rider
it is a JEEP .............Love it............. :-O :-D :-O [addsig]

I feel that a Jeep is a Jeep no matter what has been done to it. Those misguided folks that ride low to the ground are just proving to the world, as we are, that ANYTHING can be done in a Jeep. While some prefer to ride through (or over) whatever it takes to get them to the other side, others just use their Jeeps for dependable transportation in bad weather. Highriders, Lowriders, and everything in between are ALL Jeeps, being what they were intended to be, Multi-Purpose Vehicles.

We should ALL be proud that we live in a country with enough freedom to be able to express ourselves in how we speak, what we do, and what we drive.

My .02 :cool: [addsig]

You sir are correct about the freedom thing. I still can not see why people burn flags in public, Protest our war on terrorism, or lower them Jeeps. Sorry just my personal views, we all got em. tug[addsig]

I also don't understand the concept of lowering a jeep, to me it's like building a house with a lot of windows in it underground. :-? [addsig]

I also don't understand the concept of lowering a jeep, to me it's like building a house with a lot of windows in it underground. :-?
i love that.... thats might be a new saying for me :-D [addsig]

It seems the only part you cant buy is the grill of a jeep aftermarket. Jeep holds the rights to the grill. Is that what makes its a jeep. OlllllllO[addsig]

I always said that if I saw a Jeep that was lowered and had neon :roll: underneath it it, I would give up climbing rocks and start climbing the lowriders! I'd rather ride in a Geo than in a lowrider Jeep! :-x [addsig]

A jeep is not a jeep when some yahoo makes a street jeep out of it with it all low and dubed out and neon lights under the frame and silly stuff like that. tug

It's still a Jeep tug. Although I am ashamed to say they are :-( [addsig]

Back