wheeling in the meadows

Greencuke

up untill today, i have been a rock man-nothing crazy, but the kind of climbing you can do in a stock 4banger. anyway, my buddy brought me to this place, its a bunch of trails that surround these corn fields. the farmer doesn't mind long as u stay off the fields. anyway, its all mud trails that go along the river (conn. river) and we had a blast. we only wheeled for a bit, because we were on out way to the mall at the time, but i htink i've been bitten by a new jeep bug![addsig]

Uh oh.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

you probably wont roll in the mud either! so its a little safer (for you anyway, gettin sunk in the mud isnt always the greatest of things for the jeep) ive never gone rock crawling tho, ive always been a mud man. id like to try it someday tho.[addsig]

Keep the 26th of Jan open. We're goin' back to the park, and there you'll get the chance to do it all !!!! Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Been doing it for years, usually on the way to a hunt or to weld up some farmers broken manure spreader. Farmers don´t seem to care much (most farmers) as long as you don´t drive on planted fields or through the grass before hay cutting. The only people that seem to mind are the motor cycle riders, that have to drive through the cat box full of whatever you leave on the highway, on the way to the wash and spray. The guy that cleans up the wash and spray, would like to see me die a slow torture. His opening and closing times have become dependant on wether my Jeeps in the driveway or not.

When the ground is frozen, nobody much cares where you drive, except the winter wheat.
image-missing.png

If you see a farmer wrenching on his broke tractor stop and offer a tool or a hand. Might be surprised how far a little good will, will take you.

I live on a flood plain, by a major river, between an atomic power plant and a plutonium reprocessing plant. I consider running the fields, planning for the great escape and fun to boot.[addsig]

Hey Cuke, you from CT? im from West Hartford, and all my friends have been wheeling in the "meadows." one got so stuck it took them 2 days, an F-350, Chevy 1500, a wrecker, hand winches and probably a carton of cigarrettes to get him out. Anyways j/w where youre from.. maybe we could go wheelin one of these days. [addsig]

Western mass actually. South Hadley in piticular, familar w/ it? its 20 min north of springfield. id love to go wheeling w/ u sometime, always looking to expand my trails[addsig]

Cuke you anywhere near Blandford or Otis Mass?? my buddys got a bunch of land and a house up there, and theres some nice trails and a big sand pit... good times. I have pics of us wheelin up there... heres my website with some of the pics. the website isnt too pretty but im too lazy to fix it all up. My Pics[addsig]

South Hadley falls was the home of my 1st wifes mother. She was a Frill if the memories that I have tried so had to forget serves me. Good ol Southern Baptist marring a Red Headed Iris Cathoilc what a marriage. Kid set on the front row at mass and voiced big Amens. What a past! Later Tug[addsig]

ctj, i can be in otis in about an hour. thats nice country up there. Tug, no kidding eh? i can spit to the falls from here. where are u from?[addsig]

Back