What's a twin stick?

Jeeper84

This is the first I've ever heard of it. I know it lets you shift from low to high fast, but can someone give me the details? I'm interested. Thanks -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

i twin stick goes on your t-case and lets you control your front and rear axle independently (sp?) so you can have hi lo;rear hi lo N; front hi lo N so you can drive in front wheel drive if you so wished or in 2 wheel low....understand?
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I've heard that the twin stix adapter are tough on the T/C when installed. I don't have them on my jeep because of this. When engaged, they apparently only engage half of the gears used, where the normal single stik engages the full gear. This is something I've only heard, not experienced. Perhaps someone that's using them can elaborate?

[addsig]

Yeah i would like to know??? has anyone else heard this?

thanks
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

i have done a little readin into the not engagin all the way issue, and i belive what jprtroy is talking about is when a np205 t-case is twin-sticked, and you have tyo modify a shaft to make it work right.
image-missing.png
As far as my twin stick i started installing it in last night i got the old one almost completly off in around 20 min, and then i had one last nut to take off......and guess what the damn nut is 21 years old and will not come off for anything.....
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
i soaked it in a half a can of wd-40 last night and hopefully i will be able to break it off today....looks to be a fairly easy install....
image-missing.png
[addsig]

just to let everyone know i just cut my old shifter off w/ a sawzall, and now finally after 3 days of workin i can finally install that new shiny twin-stick shifter!!!!!!!!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back