What to do with Spare locked up Trans.

Jracka

Hi all, I am fairly new to the site here. So far it has been great. My question is I recently had my Puegot trans lock up in 5th gear. This gave me an excuse to put in a New NV3550. Question is what should i do with the old transmission? No one around here wants to buy it. So should i pay to have it rebuilt then sell, or try to call 4X4 shops in another state that specialize in rebuilding them and see if they want it. Thanks! Jason

find a big green dumpster.... see if you can throw it in there from 10 feet away

Re: Dawn of the Red Dawn

Dig a nice big hole and bury it and wait till next year and see if it sprouts a better transmission...lol

put it on ebay, and make sure you say it is locked up.. and good for parts

hey, i thought my transmission locked up in gear and i was about to drop that peice of shit peugeout or however it's speeled transmission off a cliff, but my sis boy friend who works on trucks alot tinkered with it for about a half hour. he stuck a flat down nexed to where the shift lever goes and somehow popped some kind of spring and clip over and i carefully slipped the shift lever into the right slot, problem fixed. And then just recently when i was in NH, my sist had to drive it to work and it froze in third. so when i got home i tinkered with it with a lot of swearing and thorwing stuff until i popped the spring loaded clip over and the shift lever back in. try doing that then you can sell a perfectly goood working transmission, whatever you do dont put that P.O.S. back into your jeep.
ps. How much did that alternate transmission cost and what was it out of?

Another SOA Question

19wrangler89, I got the NV3550 out of a 2000 TJ. I bought it for 600 from ebay :shock: Advance Adapters sell the kit to install it on my jeep (forget price). Cost me 600 to have it installed. All in all i am glad i did it. It might have cost a little more (not much). But it wont have to be rebuilt again like the Puegot, which is a piece of junk.

NV3550 will work huh ??? I am looking to get a new transmission as well ...for my 88 YJ 4.2

tie it to your mothernlaw and drop it into the deep end of the nearest lake! tug

Tug is busting out the mother in law jokes.

But why waste a rebuildable transmission on her (even though it is only a peugotestder how ever it is spelled)

Tug-n-pull said:
tie it to your mothernlaw and drop it into the deep end of the nearest lake! tug

TUG!!!!!! I am surprised. You should know better. The EPA won't allow this kind of disposal!!!!!!! It is Illegal to put a mother-in-law in a lake. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Later,
Jackal

Back