what do you think

jeep90

ok so my jeep blew up and i have been thinking on what to do as far as getting a motor in there. I have decided to just sell it and get a 91+ with the 4.0. that would be alot easier than swapping in a motor considering that i have absolutely no free time. so anyway, what would be a fair asking price for my jeep?

1990 yj 127000 miles, white with black herculined hardtop, 5 speed 4.2 i6,
weber carb, tfi ignition upgrade, herculined tub, 32" at tires, cd player, good HEAT, ac, etc....

body is in overall good shape. but the motor may need a rebuild, or a headgasket, or there may be a crack in the head...whatever, it needs something, i havent had a chance to really start dismantling it.

i live in pa..jeeps arent cheap here, i was thinking around 2500???

and a dollar is not a good price :D

thanks in advance

Think about what does one like it bring in good running condition in your area and the subtract the cost of rebuilding or replaceing the motor. There is the value of the jeep as it set's. tug

$2500 sounds reasonable to me, but that's sight unseen. Probably $500 to $1000 either way depending on condition and maintenance.

thanks guys....i was thinking that i might as well start at 2500 considering the fact that they will try to talk me down anyhow. guess i will get her "cleaned up" and put her up for sale. now i can start looking for that 4.0 that i always wanted :D .

i'd start around $3100.00 then you can let her go for $2500, who ever buys it will think its a huge deal thay they talked you down over 500 bucks, but that was what you want them to think. i have sold plenty of things cars, boats, bikes, always start high cause you can't go up on price once negotioating.(unless you're Tug!!)

jeeps around here start around 3000-4000 just my $.02

Back