What do I own?

SVBCoach

I have a Jeepster that I know very little about but everyone tells me that I need to research its history and find an expert in the Jeepster field. Mine is going to need a lot of work to restore it and at one time I had thought about parting it out, however a friend of mine said that what I own is more valuable than parts.
>
> I bought it from someone that had left it out in a field. He told me that it was a limited model Jeepster that was manufactured in 1966. I have read a lot of articles but still can't figure this thing out. A lot of the Jeepster clubs that I've been reading about don't recognize the 1966, citing that prior to 1967 the Jeepster was a two-wheel drive...mine's a four wheel drive, convertible with a snow plow. The hydraulic system for the plow sits on top of the engine and in order to make it run you have to put a belt on the system.
>
> The rear windows are pocket style that roll backward into the body of the vehicle. The spare tire mounts on the rear.
>
> The Title shows the VIN to be 87010161xxxx
>
> Any idea what I have??:?:

When you say convertable, I assume you mean rag top convertable? I don't know much about them. Other than you don't see them much anymore ( really never did). It's a 47year old convertable, that's kinda rare in it's self. If it can be saved you probably should or sell it to someone who would. I read an artical once on a limited edition Hurst Commando or Jeepster and it was worth quite a bit. All old Jeeps have went up in value anything unusual will be more sought after in the future. Could you post some pics? Does it have the dauntless v6? Is it a 4speed?

Yes, it's a ragtop but the material needs to be replaced. I'll have to roll it out of the garage and get some pics. If I recall correctly it is a 4 speed and does have the Dauntless V6. I think that the motor will need some attention since it's been sitting for years, but I think that thete are fewer than 50K miles on her.

Well she's optioned out just the way I'd want her. That v6 was a great engine in a Jeep. It was fairly light weight but was still very powerful. The HP wasn't much less than what my '79 304 is stock. They're an oddfire engine, with a cam and headers they sound really close to a V8. Lot's of performance stuff out there for them, that engine eventually evolved into the 3.8 v6. Remember the Buick Grand national? If it were me, I'd be excited about this build. You won't pass anthor one like it on the road or the trail.

Thank you! It's been in my garage for about 20 years. I'll have to roll it out, get some pictures and ask for more guidance. It'll take a little bit of time to do that since the garage is covered with snow at the moment.

Yes sir...I'll do so as soon as the weather affords me the opportunity to roll it out of the garage.

Hopefully the snow here will melt soon so I can get into the back of the garage and drag her out. We recently moved...slowly emptying out the old house and will soon start on the garage. Like storage wars meets Auction Hunters, I don't recall everything I have in there. I just pulled out an old '86 Yamaha Fazer with only 7K miles on it.

Back