What color?

88Wrangles

Hello. Just wondering what color my truck should be painted? I was thinking something flat (black, grey, etc.) but don't know what shade of what color :roll: . So, it just needs to be something that can be easily "touched-up." I have the ability to do a nice, fancy, paintjob...but that's not what I'm after.

Thanks in advance for your oppinions!!

image-missing.png

whats up with the homo ford in front of you? black all the way! you can always find balck spray paint anywhere

Black, and when you show pics of the new paint job, I wanna see your truck parked on top of that low rider!

Hey guys the lowrider is his other ride. :wink:

Cant go wrong with black. But I would go orange with two black stripes myself.

Well, I'm thinking you guys like black!! The only reason I didn't go for black right away (and already have it painted) is that there is a truck almost exactly like this one right down the street, and it's flat black (however, it's not as big!!!!).

But anyways, take it easy on the other truck. I would bet money that all of you who critisized it would actually really like it in person!!

EDIT: hmmm, I do like Camo as well, and orange with black stripes :D aaahhhhhh....I can't decide :roll:

That thing is going to spend alot of time in the mud right? A cheap single stage coat of automotive paint will be much easier to take care of than a rattle can job, and it will offer more protection from the elements. I wouldn't go flat either. Smooth, relatively shiny paint is much easier to clean after being dunked in mud.
Basic white hides body imperfections the best. Since it's the most common fleet color, some very durable automotive quality paints can be had for cheap.

A real dark green. Not OD, but a forest green. Don't know why, I never would have thought that normally, but first look at it and that's what came to me.

I like the orange w/ black stripe idea too! As for black, go with another color, but blackout everything else - esp. if you go orange.

Junkpile said:
That thing is going to spend alot of time in the mud right? A cheap single stage coat of automotive paint will be much easier to take care of than a rattle can job, and it will offer more protection from the elements. I wouldn't go flat either. Smooth, relatively shiny paint is much easier to clean after being dunked in mud.
Basic white hides body imperfections the best. Since it's the most common fleet color, some very durable automotive quality paints can be had for cheap.

Very true, except I have a feeling those fenders (and all other body panels) will be trashed very soon. The tires already rip the fenders up pretty good. It will be seeing trails as well, and for some reason I'm thinking the trees won't like nice paint. It is a good idea, but I think it would be too difficult for touch-ups.

Green...I like that too :shock:

What about tan?? For some reason I have always thought it would look good on there, but no one's mentioned it.

D-Day

Why be like everybody else. If your going to camo it do different than anybody else in your area. I have always personalized my vehichle to you know its me from a ways away. Don't copy anybody else camo schemes. I had painted my cherokee an urban camo and not two weeks later somebody else had copied it. Make it yours whether it olive drab, or bright orange.

yes, I completely agree. That's why I don't think I'll paint it black. The problem is that there are so many ideas that I have to make it my own, I can't make up my mind.

I'd personally go something other than flat black...its been done. go with something spur of the moment. black with orange stripes? go for it! something to set it apart....other than the fact that you need a step ladder to get into it. speaking of that....when you're at full flex, do you rub a lot? it just looks like you dont have a lot of room in the wheel well area for those big tires.

It looks like an old Military Cut-V that has been built into a good mud rig. OD green, Desert Tan.

Back