We made it to Mass now need parts

Sully

We made it to groten mass. But we had difficulties once again.

My jeep started having problems staying in gear in nebraska. It would slip out of 2wd high and I could only get 4wd low in the 4wd high position and 2wd high position. Jerked it around and went at it with a crowbar until I finally got 2wd high. Just before chicago illinios it popped out again and the linkage fell apart. So we had to tow it from chicago to massachusetts behind the unlimited. Roughly 1000 miles! We are here safe now, the TJ wont charge up so we have to jump it everytime we stop. My bellhousing is cracked and I am leaking oil from either the tcase or the transmission. If anyone know any good junkyards where I can find parts for an 82 CJ in northeastern mass please let me know. I think I am dropping my tcase tommorow.

Holy Crap Sully!! What a crazy and expensive trip!!

I am going to fix my tcase linkage, check the transmission/tcase oil and get new bell housing. If the tcase wont shift properly then I will look for one out of another jeep.

"What a loooooonnnnnggggg, strange trip it's been"................Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.

Good heavens, best of luck to you... I just hope it's all been worth it... I've been there, road trip where everything that could go wrong did, and it was in my mom's new vehicle :shock: , but the memories and good times were worth a thousand new engines, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat... Hope your trip ends on the same note, you've got me up here in Michigan rooting for you 8)

RE: Re: RE: Buying a High mileage Jeep

Pics ! Let me know if you're going to be around here..... Here is Northeast PA :)

This is one trip you'll never forget. Prolly be tellin' your grandkids about that crazy summer you drove the Jeeps across the country. :D

This play-by-play is almost as good as your plumbing story, Sully! :lol:

May the winds be at your back and everything stay together the rest of your trip!!!

Back