Wanna see something funny? One of my first mods...

TwistedCU

When I bought my first Jeep, I tried alot of different stuff on it. I was looking through some pics for another thread and came across these.

Here's pics when I thought it would be a good idea to try 2" lift shackles:
Steered like an old Duece and a half and I eventually broke a spring main eye. Yes they actuall lifted it 2" (4" longer than stock).

They didn't stay on there long :oops: I'm just sorry I didn't get any pics of it with 32's (yes i did). Believe it or not they didn't rub on-road.

Nice approach angle, eh?
DUFGDImage032-2.jpg

Daggone things hung lower than the gas tank!!!:
HXEJOImage027-2.jpg

Another look at the pebble crawler:
LLNHVPDRM0051JPG-2.jpg

Not bashing lift shackles, but take it from me, don't go too big. They look silly and driving in a straight line is nearly impossible.

haha......... brings back memories of a couple of weeks ago. I work at a Jeep dealership here in town and there was a YJ in the shop. It was only lifted by shackles and the guy had 35" MT/Rs on it........ those were some big shackles

haha......well, we all know now that TC definitely does not suffer from too much pride! :) Probably be addin' something like that of my own before all is said and done. Done lots of ill-advised things in the past and I'm sure I've got a few more left! thanks for sharing, TC

question about suspension

Hahahahahahahaa! Nice dude.

haha.. we had 3" on BBJ for about a week... he HAD TO fit his large tires on because they were his only tires at the time.. and had to get to work to pay for the SOA

Those are ALMOST the most ridiculous looking shackles I have ever seen... Good job TC

Back