Vortec V-6 Install

TexasRed

Evening folks. Im not new here just never post a whole lot. I read and learn here. Does anyone know how hard it would be to put a Vortec V-6 in my jeep. Has anyone done it yet. I want it to be done right and I still want my A/C. Im going in the mornin to get the new 33's put on and want a little more to pull them with. Any info appreciated.

I guess your keeping the fuel injection ? How would you rate your skill level ?
Its a very popular swap.

Im very mechanically inclined. Dirt track racing is the other thing we doooo. So actually doin it is not an issue. Just wondering how hard and yes keep the fuel.

Why? It's the same amount of work to do the SBC, and you won't have to run it as hard.

If the 4.3 is something you just HAVE to do, run the automatic transmission that came behind that 4.3 from the factory or use a manual with the lowest ratio non-granny first gear you can find. That 3.06:1 first gear in the 700R4/4L60/4L60E is the main reason those engines feel so powerful coming off the line. They also like to be slightly overgeared. If your combo needs 4.10s.....go to 4.56s, you'll be much happier from a performance standpoint.

Before someone makes a comment about max performance not being important......ask yourself "If I'm not interested in performance, why the hell am I swapping engines?"

I guess I could go with a SBC I was just thinking that the V-6 would be a little easier on the Dana 30 and 35 ends. A V-8 would sound better with Flows on tho. O yeah by the way, got the 33s put on this mornin and their sweet. Top speed kinda sucks but the ride is 100 times better.

Back