v-8 conversion

gtmjeeper

I'm looking to switch my 2.5 liter 4banger out for a small block chevy in my 91 wrangler. I am having a tough time finding information on necessary changes (motor mounts, radiators, etc...). I am sure that it has been done many times before and would like to talk with others who have crossed this bridge and solved problems that I am likely to encounter. If anyone knows of any websites, articles, links, or personal experiences that could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Greg Meade

I am a little new to the jeep world, but you my look at Novac Transmission online for some help. Hope that your swap go's well. post some pic's after you get done

Im going to be very honest with you, the conversion is alot of work. im in the middle of a conversion at this time and point. Im going with a 360 mopar so I can use a serpentine (SP?) pulley set up and eliminate the fan, and put a couple of electric fan's in the 3 core radiator is going to take up some space. There is some cutting and welding involved for the motor mounts, and your transmission mounts will have to be tweeked as well. Im going to have to pick brains for a transmission that will fit my 360 that semi stock to these Cherokee's...

Back