Tugs New Ride!

Tug-n-pull

OK I will be travlen to Atlanta area next so it seems but that is subject to change at the drop of a hat. Picking up a derailment some place south of Atlanta and hauling to Albertsville Alabama a load a day till we can get it all carted off! Here is a pic of my rig and a view of kinda what I do now!
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Shes a fast hard working ol truck with alot of heart. Runs well over 100 mph and loves a heavy load. Tug

RE: rollcage

That's great Tug! I'm gland to see your enthusiasm.

RE: Stir stir stir...

I think it needs bigger tires, 4 wheel drive and some lockers.

Got 8 wheel drive and lockers are in there. Tires are A/T with some deep meat on em. Clearence aint been a problem yet but I do have Air Bags under there for a little added lift now. fun to run in the muddy train yards and fields. Get the big ol wagon sideways behinde you in a muddy field and you know your haven fun! hehehe tug

The guy who fills our bulk liquid nitrogen tank has a setup like that. He's gotten his rig stuck twice in the field beside our shop while turning around. It's great entertainment. I don't know how they work in those trucks, but if he doesn't engage the lockers before getting stuck......he's stuck bad. The first time, our dumbasses wasted an hour trying to get him unstuck by digging the mud out and putting boards under the tires. I bet we looked pretty stupid to the tow truck driver when he showed up :lol:

Cool rig Tug. I'm glad to see that your enjoying the new job.

Tug-n-pull said:
Got 8 wheel drive and lockers are in there. Tires are A/T with some deep meat on em. Clearence aint been a problem yet but I do have Air Bags under there for a little added lift now. fun to run in the muddy train yards and fields. Get the big ol wagon sideways behinde you in a muddy field and you know your haven fun! hehehe tug
8 wheel drive....you gotta take it up the Rubicon!

Thats a nice looking rig. Are you driving by yourself or you have a co driver with you?

We have 5 trucks in all each with a driver, no co drive! 3 of us are full time go any where do any thing drivers and 2 are local job drivers. So I do drive alone but the three of us run together most of the time. Some of the time we do split up but not often. The best thing is we do not have to touch the load other than open the back gate and then hit the dump lift and close the gate after the load is off. All #1 Railroad steel! All heavy and all what a sound when it starts to slide and hit the ground out of the back. We also have a 50 ton detach for hauling equipment like the Graphal in the pics as well as spread axel Flat Beds. We also are in the process of building a tow dolly system so we can pull over size and over weight loads, then we will be able to pull whole flat cars and other rail cars less the wheels and the tops cut down. 90" cars pluss the truck now that will be a challenge. One of the best parts of running as a 3 truck team is you always have some one to hang out with when you stop for the night. All three from the same home town all three have past ties. Our trucks are turned up and set up to really run. All will run over 100 mph so we can make tracks when the conditions are favorable. This is the kind of job I had always heard of but never really thoght they existed. Money and benifits are good, Work is steady, and both of my fellow drivers are praying God fearing men! That alone is worth the effort. This job was coustom made for me and a real blessing from God. Getting stuck is not to bad when you have the Komatsu Graphal handy to free you up, but any time I leave the pavement the lockers ar down tight and I never let up till I get on solid ground. As far as the rubicon goes I don't think it is made for that but I could haul a bunch of you all up to the trail head and meet you at the other end or something hehehehe! thanks for the kind words, I do love this job and the only hard part is missing momma the boy and you all!!!!!! Tug

Well I'm glad to hear that you are doing well Tug! That truck sure sounds and looks like it would be fun to drive. Bet it's nice having 2 other guys driving with you...other wise it gets pretty lonely!

Keep us updated on where you'll be next...I'm still waiting for you to come to Oregon!

Jason did your phone number change when you moved. My cell phone is 423-220-7059! will be some place in the Alanta area tomorow evening if all goes well and should be there for several days. Need to come over and take a ride with me to Alabama and back one day! tug

Like I said before it all depends on what the wind blows up as to where I go. Just got a call tonight, so in the morning I may be going to Atlanta, Memphis, Back up to the cold north in IN, or IL. Who cares any where I go I will be close to a Jeepz peepz so once I get there I will have momma tug post where I wind up! Off to the truck to camp out so I can get out early and hit the road. OH yea Momma is looking for a new ride hopefully an XJ while I am out this time. Later keep me in your prayers and thoughts or what ever it is you do. tug

Back