Tug you Wore off on me

avyoung

Well Tug you gave me the bug. :lol: My Jeep is currantly undergoing a Camo transformation. I am going with black, white, and gray (winter camo). I have to get it done before I leave for Moab next weekend.

Do you have any advice on the job?

Sealant

I thought that was Urban camo (commonly known as Compton camo).

Get the three color in one can Camo paint and just sray it all one color and it will turn into three when it dryes in a nice even pattern. hehehehe Spend the 3 bucks and get a spray can thingy to keep the end of you finger from going numb!

Did you ever watch Bob Ross the Artist on public Access TV. If so you will get the next few statements.
1. There are only happy mistakes in painting!
2. It is your art so you can do anything you want!
3. There is a happy little OD Green patch that lives right here.

This will take longer than you think and you will have mulitple layers when you get done. Rearangeing colors and pattern will happen alot. You will have fun doing this project and when you are done you will love it. Or hate it. I love my camo. Good luck and post pics. tug

:lol: :lol: :lol: TUG! lol

You all are killing me this week. First someone had to bring the Jacksons to a sacred site such as JEEPZ and now you had to go and bring BOB Ross into it too? LOL

Why that is too funny to think about in the same session. lol

Who didn't watch Ross though seriously? LOL HE was so funny I swear. Ross is my maiden name too. Okay, back to my beer.

Nice to see you Tug. ::Waving::

Lady

Tug-n-pull said:
Did you ever watch Bob Ross the Artist on public Access TV.

If everyone was like him, the world would be a better place. Just look at that fro!! What a wonderful human being.

bobross-2.jpg

:D

Re: chucking the air conditioner

HAHAHA Bob Ross.... WHAT other jeep discussion board on the planet... or ANY discussion board gets on the topic of BOB ROSS

"Right now I'm putting some light green at the tips of the pretty evergreens...."
wako1-2.gif

:twisted: AAAAAHHHH!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!:twisted:

My sister used to watch that guy. Most houses were one TV houses back then so I sat through a few of his shows.

I'd compare that experience to Chinease water torture. Sorry Ross fans.

I would have to say he probably drove a fulsized early 80's van with port hole windows tinted black kindof like the A-team's but not so cool. He could have drove a VW bus but I definitly see him in a van of some sort. He is just a little to slow for me but it is amazing what he can do with a brush.

I will post pictures when I am done. I have to borrow a heater form the neighbor so my paint will cure. I may wait until Tuesday when It is supposed to be warmer.

shock question

Here are some picks. I have the heaters running in the garage to cure the paint. I also still have to paint the bumpers. Just got finished when the snow started.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

That looks awesome!! I've always considered painting my Jeep in camo, but been a little nervious about doing it and it coming out bad. Guess I'll just have to go for it sometime!!!

dont worry about it coming out bad... it's camo... supposed to be as random as possible, and.. if you mess up, paint over it... more layers = better protection

Wow man, I love. Great job. I am seriously thinking about it now. What is involved. I have no real art talent and can't draw. Please send me ideas. What is the budget for what you did?

Nice now all you need is some NATO Sticker or some staff flags to fly on the front fenders and you are set to run road blocks! Looks great and it is a great way to just plain freak folks out! tug :p

Total cost $24 1 small masking tape, and 1 large masking tape. 2 cans black semi-gloss, 2 cans white semi-gloss, 2 cans gray semi-gloss (could not find flat in all 3 colors)

Take off everything you can and mask the rest. You have to lightly sand all the paint you want to paint over so it will stick, then wash it down, then wipe with alcahal. You can get a big can of alcahol at the hardwhare store. Do what tug said and spend the money on one or the spray can handles my fingers still hurt and I had my wife doing my 2nd coats. Just put the paint on and if you don't like it paint over it. I had a spot on the right that had too much gray and black so I just sprayed some white.

On the final coat I painted white first because of over spray on other colors then black then gray. It probably depends on the paint whether this will happen or not. I also decided to leave the mirrors on and also the hood hardwhere and paint them the colors around them. I have 1 white mirror and one black mirror. A black wiper and a gray wiper. It makes it look cool.

man that is nice, it is rattle can, single stage, or basecoat/clearcoat?

Back