Tuffy Console Questions.....

montana_jeepn

I installed a Tuffy Center console in my TJ this weekend and was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences: (I have the one that has room for the factory subwoofer, but maintains the front part of the console that fits around the shifter)

1. The color match is way off.

2. There are gaps where the drink holder liner fits.

Is this normal for Tuffy products? I was under the impression that they were the best. I mean I can live with the cosmetic stuff in exchange for the added security, but it just wasn't what I was expecting.

On a somewhat related note, I also have received a rear Tuffy console (the one that fits behind the rear seat, but is expandable if you lean the rear seat forward) and the side of it was all dented up, though the box it came in wasn't damaged in anyway. Going to call Quadratec about it today.

Anyways, not too pleased with my first exposure to Tuffy products.....anyone else have similar experiences? Thanks!

M_J

ps...TBI spacer and K&N FIPK intstall went outstanding. Practically put itself on! :-D

edited by: montana_jeepn, Jul 14, 2003 - 10:36 AM[addsig]

I just recently bought a tuffy console for my TJ, but I got the full one that goes around the shifter & whatnot. I had no issues - I actually think it looks great!

I was kinda worried about the color match & the fit with the stock pieces, which is why I went with the full one.

Bummer that the storage one was banged up. I'm sure they'll replace it though....[addsig]

Called and talked to Quadratec and am very impressed with their customer service! They are going to swap me a new rear console for the dented one I received, and I'm going to return the half console for a full console model like Forkboy's, just paying the difference. It sure is nice to deal with a good company for once!:)

M_J[addsig]

Jeeper-
the color match ain't there but it suits the security purposes, especially since my factory console was shredded by a kind hearted thief. no problem with the fit however. put some duraback down before installation. [addsig]

I got a Tuffy stereo console a few months ago... It also has a pretty bad color match, but it works great. I really like the position of the radio and I can park it and walk away without looking over my shoulder. Seems fairly water resistant too so far.[addsig]

Finally installed the Full console in my TJ last night. Looks great! Highly recommend it. And if you have the Dk. Charcoal interior like I do, go with the black model. It matches the interior great. Tuffy's "Dark Charcoal" is more of a medium gray color that doesn't match worth anything.

M_J

Back