Trouble taking doors off

Jeep#3

I tried to take my doors off yesterday and the hinge pins would not budge. Any one have any advice as to getting them out. If I mess these pins up knocking them out, where can I get new ones?
Thanks![addsig]

Add a little WD40 while working the door back and forth, maybe some PB Blaster if it is really rusted.

With the pin nut off and the door strap off, work the door back and forth while steadily pulling up. May take two people pulling up if the doors haven't been off for a while and are really stubborn.[addsig]

Does the pin come out independently from the hinge OR is the pin part of the hinge? The doors shouldn't be this hard to come off... should they? :-x [addsig]

The pin is a permanent part of the hinge on the door.

You may have somebody lightly tap up on the hinge pin while you're pulling up and swinging the door (after you've lubed the hinge pin).[addsig]

When I took mine off for the first time all the bolts snapped off in the nuts.Not a problem b/c the wieght of the door holds it down. Mine just needed to be pulled on real hard to get them out of the hinges.[addsig]

Mine are hard to get off also...but with a steady pull and wiggling the doors a little they slowly break free....patience[addsig]

I just spray a little PB or WD40 on them every now and then and seems to keep them pretty loose. I put one hand under the hinge side of the door and the other on the window loop, pulling up on the door under the hinges while swinging the door. works for me.

The nuts are more or less a theft deterent thing. [addsig]

Back