Trip to Pecos-- Muddin'

mingez

Finally the trip I've been planning came to fruition. We did some wheeling, and even more fishing, and camping. Unfortunately I didn't get the pics I wanted because my memory card was lost in the trip. So, I had very little internal memory.

So, to give you an idea of where we were, here are some pics from another website:
truchas20cloudy-4.jpg

image-missing.png

pecos-4.jpg

Remember all Thumbnails below can be clicked for larger pics.

Here's 6 Pack after some playing back at camp. At this point, all of that mud was from trailing, none of which I got pics of cause I'm a stupid forgetful man and didn't grab my camera.

We were playing some follow the leader in a shallow lake (a temporary lake in a desiganted ORV area), but unfortunately the line I chose freaked my budding Ed out, and he veered to the side. With both tires on shore, he had no traction. (open diffs)

First attempt, almost flipped him!! We only accomplished digging him in further. I probably could have pulled him out, but we were risking a roll, and he JUST bought the TJ.

Time to get some peeps to keep him from tipping.

Success!

6 Pack, Muddy and happy. You make daddy proud!

A good time was had by all. I love the Pecos Wilderness, if you ever have a chance, go. Santa Fe is 30 minutes west, and Albuquerque is only a 1 hr and 30 min drive.

RE: Good time for a rubicon run?

Looks like you guys had a good time!! Those are sweet pictures too!

Make me realize I need to go do a little mudding here real soon...

It's beautiful there Mingez. Your jeep looks great a la MUD! lol Great time and thanks for sharing! I'd love to get out west someday and ride. Or just get out west. lol My trips there have been few and far in between.

RE: Oil Pressure Gauge/Sender?

Excellent pics! Looks like a great place to wheel. I find that NM is much like Kansas in that some parts are boring as hell to drive through, while other parts are quite beautiful.

mingez said:
I had very little internal memory.

I think you'll find as you get older you'll end up with less and less internal memory. :lol:

Mingez,

Awesome looking terrain.
Could you please PM me with info on where you camped/stayed?

I have looked up that area on the web, and I am sure going to plan a family long weekend there, it's only about 5 hours from here.
:!: :!: :!:

90, yeah, lemme get some things together. I'll PM the info and post some maps and such.

Back