Traxxas Nitro R/C

TwistedCU

SO some friends and a couple of family members have gotten into the R/C thing.

I want to get a truck that will blow their 1/10 scale doors off. Anybody know about this stuff? I'm clueless.

I was looking at the Traxxas nitro trucks with the 2.5 motors. A local hobby store guy tells me they are the fastest (50 mph).

They also have 4WD versions that have 4" of ground clearance, but they are not as fast. Just wondering if I should go for 4x4 or speed...

Recommendations??? I want to get the baddest one I can buy/build.

4x4 for sure man. I have got one of the old traxxas t-max's with the smaller motor.(.15)I blew up the first motor and transplanted an os.15. But it will make good competition for the newer 2.5 t-maxx. Get a 2.5 t-max, the 2.5 motr hauls and it has widened arms for more stability.

Ok, with a little reasearch done I see that the 50 mph thing with their 2wd versions won't hold a candle to a 4wd with lower gears in the short distances.

The search continues. The Tmaxx is a front runner.

Boy I wish I had the money to get into that... Been wanting to for a long time. O well, maybe someday... have fun

Nathan

really twisted, It gets dam expensive. I've had many Rc 10's RCI LOSI a few Traxxas and I still have a JR2. All electric.

Just A Big Waste of money. IMO....
I think ebay can save you ALOT.

Not a big waste of money if you saw the look on my son face. I probably would not have bought one if I was a single guy with no kids. I went with the gas powered Traxxas T-Maxx. 2.5 nitro engine, 2 speed auto trans, 2 speed reverse, does over 40 mph, 4WD, over 4" of ground clearance and one tough truck.

Took a couple of hours to run through the break-in procedure. It is insanely fast and you would not believe how much air it will get over jumps!!!!!

image-missing.png

Not a big waste of money if you saw the look on my son face.
'nough said, TC. You're a good Dad!! I was kinda wonderin' from the original post, but now it all makes sense! Just be sure to let him use it, too! :lol:

mud4feet said:
Not a big waste of money if you saw the look on my son face.
'nough said, TC. You're a good Dad!! I was kinda wonderin' from the original post, but now it all makes sense! Just be sure to let him use it, too! :lol:

Well this one is actually mine. He has the battery powered ones. 40 mph is a bit much for him right now. A $389 truck hitting a tree at that speed ain't pretty. He'll use it some, and get one eventually, but he'll have to work his way up to it with the ones he has.

check it out:
http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/tmaxx_mov/trx_video_tmaxx01.htm

I have the HPI Savage 25, pretty big in a nutshell, same as the t-max, you can run teh same bodies. Its a kit version so you get to put it togather and i think thats half the fun. I run the engine a littel lean 50mph is about how fast it goes after you play with the 2 speed trans. It takes a good beating. Get yerself and FM radio to really get it up to 50...i had an AM radio and by the time it was going really fast it ran out of range.

I need to fix mine. I endoed over a jump and broke the steering servo.

CJ7 power steering box

White - I bought it from a local shop.
LGR - I looked at that one too. Definanately a nice one too.

There's at least 5 hobby shops within 20 mins of here, which helps with the pricing :wink:

I've been thinking about getting one of those lately since I tried my friends out a month ago. He has a nitro indy car. How much abuse will they handle? Can they go through mud, water and stuff or will it wreck the components inside them? Is 4wd necessary in such a small, light vehicle...does it make much of a difference? Would it be better for me to buy a kit or purchase the individual parts and build it...this way I could get the exact body and motor I want?

Man, I want one of those, but I don't have a son. I know, I'll go have a son, so I can score the Traxxas!

BTW TC, you ARE a great dad!

My Brother-in-law bought one. He is 28, no kids, unmarried. They really are a blast!

Craig - Water can get sucked down the intake which would obvoiusly be real bad. I avoid puddles, bud a little mud... well it's unavoidable.

The ones I am running with don't have 4WD and they just can't follow me without serious bashing. They are alot faster on pavement though.

Building as a kit is actually more expensive. Just get the biggest motor in a RTR (ready to run) model

Back