Totaled

RAVEN13xxx

Thursday afternoon a woman pulled out in front of me and hit my TJ in the front with the driver's side of her Protege. She was taken to the hospital due to a pregnency. If she ends up losing the baby, it will become a traffic homicide investigation. Both vehicles have been impounded pending the outcome. The investigator says it was clearly her fault and her eating a cheeseburger at the time doesn't help her case. If she does lose the baby, she may be charged with vehicular homicide. All I ended up with was a couple bruised bones in my left hand and arm (from it hitting and shattering the windshield), and a sore neck from the seatbelt riding up. After the other driver was taken away, I took a good look at my TJ (my baby) and it looks like the frame is pretty bent up. I WILL be buying it back from the insurance company, no matter what the cost. It is still unknown if she even has insurance, because it takes a few days to get a copy of the report. I have already contacted an attorney, just in case.

I stopped by the Jeep stealer yesterday and looked at the new Unlimited Rubi's. The one I was looking at was $28k and change. I have insurance that covers the entire replacement cost for my TJ, so that would make a decent down payment. I am thinking of going with the UnRubi if it is totaled, or get another car and just build my TJ as a trail rig. If I do get the Rubi, I might part out the TJ, but the lift, KC's and everything else will go on the new one. What do ya'll think I should do?

Man that sucks my wife got hit last week by a guy with no insurance in her jeep "see post down to one jeep". found out later his licence was suspended too. Hope you get your jeep back soon. Although the rental coverage is nice to have it is just not the same as your own jeep. I would definatly keep the jeep and put it back in shape even if you get another one. The only thing better than a jeep is two jeeps. :D

We wish good luck for you and the other gals baby.

I'm glad your not seriously hurt.

The unlimited rubi is nice but you would probably change the axles since I know you have a dana 60 and a dana 44 ready to go into something, the rubi axles would ust go to waste and it would cost alot more money. Maybe just a regular unlimted and swap in the axles you have in your garage. They are like 18 or 19k for the 04 unlimited. Just a thought, hope your jeep isnt banged up to bad.

Sully

Sorry about your Jeep. I hope the baby is okay.

Kind of crazy they may charge her with homicide if the baby doesn't make it. Too bad she didn't get an abortion last week she could have saved heself from any legal trouble.
:roll:

Back