TJ Lift Question

barlows

Guys,

I'm a fairly new TJ owner. I've got an '03 with a 2" body lift and 33x12.50 Mickeys. I'm looking for about 2 more inches of lift and I figure I've got a couple options. Can you please let me know the pros and cons of each?

1) Keep the body lift and add 2" coil spring spacers (el cheapo)

2) Remove the body lift and get a 4" suspension lift with replacement springs, etc.

This is a daily driver, weekend basher. I probably won't be doing any real hardcore wheeling (not a whole lot around Dallas), but did find last weekend that I need more clearance, especially to clear the bumpers, sidebars, and trailer hitch.

Also, if there are any other options that I'm missing, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

If money and time are not a concern, drop the body lift and do it right. The 4" suspension (assuming you get a good one) will make the ride incredible, as well as drasticly improve your flex. I'm kinda biased (not a fan of body lifts), but this is just my two cents.

Rob 8) :p :)

Good suspension lifts are all around...you really need to find one that fits your needs and gives you the best quality for the money you want to spend. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, so I went with a lift that may have cost a little more than most. I may have gotten rubed on the price, but BDS offers something no one else does. A life time no questions asked replacement policy on all parts except shocks. Just make sure you do your homework before buying any lift. There are many types that offer different ride quailities, warrenties, and flex right out of the box.
In my OPINION, a good kit will include everything nesseccery, especially if the owner is new to the Jeep.
I have always liked the BDS line, and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Rob 8) :p :)

Back