Tire Choices

Those geolander all-terrain do not look very aggressive :(
image-missing.png

buck hunting knife **price drop**

Ya, they don't even look like an all-terrain tire. Just a regular light truck, or maybe even car, tire.

RE: My Little Girl

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I looked them up. But I'm still interetsed in seeing the results of these tests. I might search around the internet a bit more and find some reviews.

south442 said:
SenorCole86 said:
what is the difference between 31x15.5 15LT and 31x10.5 15LTRWL?

31x15.5 15LT - 31x10.5 15LTRWL = 5RWL

I think that's correct but I'm a little rusty with the new math and all.

:wink:

:lol: :lol: Too funny, South!!! :lol: :lol:

Senor, I got my mudders off eBay - Laramies - never heard of 'em before, but they're proving to be a very good tire! Try eBay, and look around on the links that you get...........worth a shot.

RE: Re: My Little Girl

The tire rack has reviews on almost all of the tires they sell, but the best reviews come from seeing them in action on a trail.

My old BFG AT/KO's were alot more aggressive than those, and although they were a great all around tire their one weakness was mud.

The Geolander MT(or whatever it's called) seems to work pretty good for what it is, but I don't know about those ATs :?

Buy some cheap bubblegum MTs and try them out. You'll never go back to ATs on a Jeep that you plan to use offroad. Make sure your alignment is good, and pay attention to the air pressure and you will avoid most of the horror stories you hear about MTs on a DD.
I don't even consider most MTs to really be MTs. What most companies label "MT" would best be described as All Terrain, and the current ATs should be renamed to something more fitting of their performance(like grass terrain). If you've ever had a set of Boggers, TSLs, Denmans, classic Buckshots, etc....you'll have a hard time considering any of the generic type "MTs" to actually be MUD terrains.

I was at my friends shop today and they don't have anymore of the pamphlets with the test results. He's gonna see if he can find any kicking around. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these tires are the best in all terrains, they just came out top tire that performed well in all terrains. I'm sure there's other brands which beat it in mud or snow or something but these tires performed good in all conditions. There were other brands that might have beat it in mud or some other condition but tested very poorly in another condition such as wet pavement or snow.

Back