Throttle body spacer

Gsx31337

Anybody have any experence or recomendations with Throttle body spacers ? I got a 2001 TJ 4.0 auto, im slowly building up, the only thing ive done to try and boost HP is ad a K&N Cold air intake. Does anybody know if they make a significant HP difference if so how much. IF so I would appriciate any recomendations on what brand to get.

OR any other cheepish HP ganing tricks, im planning on regearing it soon so that should help me out some.

2001 TJ 4.0, 3inch teraflex 32x11.5 Good Year MTR's warn bumper and 9000xd wench, bushwacker fenderflairs, and a few other goodies!

I have the Air Raid in my WJ 4L works great, It had a real deep hollow sound before I dropped the K&N in, guess it wasn't getting enough air. I think I got about a mile and a half more gas with both the STOCK k&N and the spacer.

I have an Air Raid spacer and RockIt cold air tube w/K&N filter. I didn't notice much horsepower gains, and the gas mileage gain wasn't that much either. I plan on doing an exhaust system soon to help a little more with mileage. I think I stopped worrying about getting more horsepower. As long as the Jeep can pull the trailer up the mountain for the weekend trips then that's all that matters.

I've got the AirAid TBS on my 2.5L YJ, and I could tell just a tiny bit more HP and a very, very slight gain in mileage.

Thanks guys, From what you guys said sounds like it couldnt hurt to add a spacer in there they are preatty much the cheepest mod i have seen, any idea which one I should add, I notice that some are 50something MM and some are 60 something MM

Im thinking Regearing it will make the most differnce, I have the 3 speed auto and unless i shift into 2ond gear i can barly break 75 or so. Im not 100% what gears I got in my dana 35, the jeep was a gift but I know im running about 2150 RPM's at 70mph. Any idea how much of a jump I should go I'm wanting more pickup and to be able to cruze at 80 ish and stillhave it pull a bit if I need to pass.

I don't know about the spacer because i haven't put one in yet but i've heard about the electric fan mod. Not sure how cheap but i did see one post where one member said he got one in a junkyard for $30? Supposed to be the single biggest hp gaining mod and is next on my list after my lift. Sparky has one i think so maybe he can give some more info on it.

Gsx31337 said:
..............Any idea how much of a jump I should go I'm wanting more pickup and to be able to cruze at 80 ish and stillhave it pull a bit if I need to pass.

80's kinda fast on the trails!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK. :lol: I don't think I've ever seen 80 in my 4banger, but I don't really mind. Been there, done that (with other vehicles)..........kinda why I bought my Jeep. No tickets in I can't remember how long!!!

my two bits.

slow arse mud

I've got the Flex-a-Lite electric fan, and yeah, it probably did the most for HP and mileage at about $175, I think. Pretty darn easy install, too.

Re: Electric Fans

jchooper12 said:
Does replacing the fan unit void and facotry warrenties?

Most likely voids the cooling system warranty at the very least, and possibly the electrical system warranty as well.......

Back