Those "other" forums

laneiac

I stumbled across a thread for a jeepsunlimited forum, and wow, there is such a big difference between that board and jeepz. The members seem to rip into each other, if someone is wrong about something it is not a simple correction, but a humiliating display of cuss words, accusations and name calling. This has just made me much prouder to be a jeepz member.

Try going over to jeepaholics, now those guys are turdz.

POR has both of those beat, hands down.

I used to frequent JU before the big changeover and commercialization. Way too much traffic to keep up with, it's size became a detriment.

Yup, I agree guys. I joined a 4X4 forum closer to me and I don't find it interesting at all. Every post or reply is bombarded with nasty cuss words and those little graphics throwing the finger at ya. It is also very lame.The only thing I do not like about Jeepz.com is that most of you are too far away for me to wheel with ya'll. Oh well, I still enjoy it a lot.-al

There are some real good forums out there though. I also frequent
www.7slotgrille.com
www.neow.org (this is a local NE board)
www.kjjeep.com (still amazed at those liberty's)

Just go to their forums. the 7slot one is like Jeppz's litttle brother.

I am also a member of all the other ones, Jeeps unlimited, jeep forum, JA, POR, rockcrawler, YJ net, ETC... They are loaded with a lot of kids who have nothing better to do than just rip on someone for no reason. Real ignorant people! But at the same time, there are also a lot of real nice people. I have met some real nice people on some of these boards. just don't judge the book by the cover!

8) I am a member of JU, NOVA, and Maryland Creepers. I find no forum interesting or as kind as Jeepz.

BUT! This 7slotgrille place looks promising. Just browsed over there and may join after vacation. They do have some good info on the boards and its small enough for me to keep up.

One thing I did note as soon as the page loaded. They have a jeep on the front page with a model type girl covered in an american flag behind the jeep. I see no women on the boards? Wonder if thier open to fem jeepers or they just like admiring them wrapped in flags..........Oh well, don't get me started. lol If I like it I'll post anyway. lol :? :wink:

Lady

I was surprised when I first joined this board at some of the questions that were posted on the technical forums. What seemed to me as common knowledge was brand new info in someone else's mind. I thought "doesn't everyone read the magazines." After posting for a while I realized that I probably needed to lighten up and that everyone had to start somewhere. Not everyone knows about welding spider gears and swapping blower motors... yet.
Now when I post, I hope that either someone finds the comments interesting or that I can help out with a problem. There is a good group of people on this board and I look forward to reading posts every day.

Some of those 'other' web sites get alot of traffic which is a plus if you're trying to sell something. I sold my set of tires pretty quickly over at Jeeps Unlimited. I go to Jeepin.com sometimes when I need a laugh. They are kinda crude and sophmoric at times but hey, so am I. :D

NEW 35" PRO COMP XTERRAINS W/ EAGLE RIMS & LIFT KIT

I've been using many jeep forums for years now, and without getting too sappy this one takes the cake. Just an all around easy going attitude and willingness to help out fellow jeepers.

K_K_PSI_GUY said:
Yup, I agree guys. I joined a 4X4 forum closer to me and I don't find it interesting at all. Every post or reply is bombarded with nasty cuss words and those little graphics throwing the finger at ya. It is also very lame.The only thing I do not like about Jeepz.com is that most of you are too far away for me to wheel with ya'll. Oh well, I still enjoy it a lot.-al

Yeah, but where in Texas are you? XJ Nick is in Texas, I am in El Paso, I know we have a couple of Albuquerque members.

There are a few members in Texas, wasn't Moab? I belong to a group of wheelers here in EP, called Creepers, so if you are near enough...

Well, I'm a good 10 hours away. I am very near Corpus Christi. There is actaully some pretty good wheeling being done in San Antonio, and Austin, so I will have to actually find some good fellas similar to the ones in here to go wheeling with. I have several buddys locally with 4X4's, but they are all pretty little show trucks that will only touch mud accidentally. My best choice is to wheel with a buddy of mine and his Hummer. That gets kinda old since that damn thing can do pretty much anything. I did whoop his A$$ this past weekend at the beach in the dunes. He was so slow and he kept sinking, and my Jeep was up and down the dunes like a toy Jeep. I did get stuck twice, but that was simply driver error. Also, I did not air down because I was unsure how far out we where going to drive. We had initially planned to drive out about 40 miles, but we ended up driving only about 10 miles , where we found some real nice dunes. I guess we both would have done much better if we had aired down. Oh well, lots of fun, but cleaning up was not fun at all. I will definetely have to go up there sometime to do some wheeling with ya Mingez. I have seen some of your pics, and the trails look nice.-al

I'm a member of www.jeeps4me.com I joined it after they posted a contest on this site about a year ago for logo design. I joined, won the logo contest, got my prize, then I didn't go back. It's waaay too slow and you don't get quick answers. Not to mention they have a bad layout, at least they have a good logo! :D

this place seems to be the friendliest of the bunch.. i get on some local forums but other than postings for trail rides, you don't see much activity on most of them...

This is a fairly civil board compared to some - we all seem to support the same goal: Jeeps and the rights to continue off roading.

I do, however, miss HardcoreJeep.com. DC drove it off the web a few years ago. It was fairly small, but there was a definate "brotherhood" of sorts - all aimed at our passion - our Jeeps, and the Jeepbabes were sure a perk.

gunner said:
This is a fairly civil board compared to some - we all seem to support the same goal: Jeeps and the rights to continue off roading.

I do, however, miss HardcoreJeep.com. DC drove it off the web a few years ago. It was fairly small, but there was a definate "brotherhood" of sorts - all aimed at our passion - our Jeeps, and the Jeepbabes were sure a perk.

What did DC do to drive it off of the web?

Back