Thinking of Trading my YJ on this GT

Re: RE: Re: RE: Jeepy!!!

mingez said:
6- Cargo
Jeep ...slight edge.

7- Size - parallel parking downtown in a large auto sucks. Jeeps are compact, short, and have a turning radius which allows you to pull a U turn on a dime so you can snake that parking spot before anyone else.
Jeep
only if you have the back seat out. otherwise the stang is going to have a lot more cargo space.

and parallel parking? if you cant fit a mustang into a spot, take a cab.

again, i said i dont like mustangs, and especially those ones, but the fact that he's shown interest in doing this swap more than once leads me to believe that its something that he wants to do.

RE: Yanks vs. Redsox This Weekend!!!!!

Thanks Ian. I can always count on you to put things into perspective.

The weather was in the 80's today and sunny, but like an idiot I put the top back up last night. In retrospect, it isn't that hard to put up and down. I guess I'm just longing for a pushbutton top. Anyways, I cruised in it today and loved it. Cranked some tunes and didn't care what the person in the car next to me thought. The sub in my console pumps right into my gut. Hard.

I spent a good part of 2 years tinkering with it but I haven't really done anything in the last few months. When I really think about it, I think deep down I just want something to wrench again. I was already checking into Mustang Catalogs figuring which horsepower upgrades I'd do first.
If I keep the YJ, I'll have to invest in a RE or BDS Lift and get rid of the AAL's and shackles. My kids want A/C. Maybe some 33's.... It would actually be cheaper to work the YJ than the Mustang (Jeep wins that one)

A few friends heve chimed in and only one wants me to get the stang. I just got off the phone with him and he's into building Lowrider Studebakers!!! My fishing buddies think I'm nuts. (Jeep wins that one)

I guess it's just a phase (grass is always greener?).

So........ I've made my decision. I'm gonna delete all my links to various Mustang Forums and remove the temptation.

I apologize for sounding like a drama queen. I just realized that I wouldn't be able to pass a muddy bog without wondering if I could drive through it. Thanks for your support guys (sorta like AA I guess).

Funny, but to be honest with you, I found Jeepz while I was trying to post my YJ for sale last year. As it turns out, this Forum happens to be the best one out there.

Now.....Can anyone get me a lead on where to get a good price on a 3-1/2" RE or BDS lift?

Jules

RE: This may be a stupid question .. But ..

Put the suspension lift under the YJ......then build a killer engine for it! Mix a little hotrod in with the Jeep and have fun with it.

RE: Yanks vs. Redsox This Weekend!!!!!

Good decision Jules! I had a feeling we would be seeing a thread from you with some major buyers remorse if you made the deal.

Oh boy. I just got done with a THREE day job changing the clutch in an 87 stang GT. I NEVER want to do that again. I had to take the wheel off and remove the suspension in the front passenger side just to remove the starter. For some reason, I couldn't get the transmission back in. It wasn't misaligned, everything was on right, the throwout and fork fit great, nothing was warped, in theory it should have gone on great. I ended up cutting off the locator pins and using extra long bolts to draw it in from 3/4" back. It ended up working out.

Right now I'd rather cut my feet off and try to walk than to own a stang, but as soon as I get paid for this job I'll go back to being a stang lover

Back