Thermostats, why are they so difficult? LOL

bigTlilODD

So, one day on my way to work, the Jeep "overheats". Well, it would have if it wasn't only 25 degrees out. So I replace the thermostat because that was the problem. Since then, my Jeep won't warm up! It wouldn't even make it to the first mark on the gauge. So I bought a new thermostat just in case the one I put in was broken. Well I take it out and it's working properly. I put it back in and BAM it warms up just right! Man I'm good!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
I was wondering, could it have been that I had too much anti-freeze in the system? I was thinking this, because after the fluid drained I refilled it with only water. I do have anti-freeze in the system, but not as much.[addsig]

Don't feel bad wifes Caddiliac overheated due to thermostat and it haveing the All Aluionum 4100 series V8 we now have a cracked block. Oil in the water ect.... So we have a very nice near show room condition Lux Car that is not worth fixen. A new Motor is about $3000.00 or more installed. I would just about trade the dang thing for a lift or some tires or about anything as far as that goes! So I too wish to know why are thermostats so difficult? Tug
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

the amount of antifreeze shouldn"t matter. you just got a bad one. they do make ones, if it goes bad it"ll stay open so not to overheat the engine.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back