The Ragtopman gets a jeep

Ragtopman

Hello Jeeperz,

I have been watching this site for a while now and gotten some great info from it. I recently picked up a 91 Wrangler 4.0l for my wife. I needed something to keep her away from my 69 Pontiac convertible (trailer queen). Anyway she wanted Wrangler so she got one. At first I didn't have much intrest in the jeep being a muscle car guy, but I have really grown to like it. I ordered a 3.5" lift with 1" of shackle for it. It has a 2" Shackle lift now i'm getting rid of. I have stock Gambler rim's and am looking for a good all purpose tire. I'm liking the BFG 32x11.50 or 33X10.50 Anyhelp out there?

I know a lot of people who have the BFG MT's they all say they're pretty good except in the rain on the street...they're like slicks. The rubber compound is hard so they last a long time but you sacrifice the on street rain driving. I would personally go with the Yokohama Geolanders. They come in an allterrain or a mudterrain. They don't last as long as the BFG's but they handle a lot better and both the allterrain and mudterrain are excellent off road. The mudterrain is also very quiet on the street.

Leaky Front Axle Seal

I don't know about the MT's, but the BFG all terrains (AT/KO) are excellent on dry pavement and in the rain. Not a great mud tire, but it will get by. Very long treadlife also. If the Jeep is going to spend most of the time on the street, That would be an excellent choice.

What kind of lift did you get??? (Just Curious)

I'm going with the Rough Country Kit. Seems to have what I need. I liked the BDS kit but almost twice the coin. This Jeep is going to see little serious off roadin. Mostly trips to the beach and the local fishin holes.

The 3.5 inch lift from Rough Country is a good lift.I had one I loved it. You are right the extra to get the bds in cash is not worth the replacement factor to me. Good Luckand take alot of pics. tug

Back