The day is upon us...

Odd...

Despite the long queues of voters being shown on TV all day, when I went to the polling place at 2:30 PM, I was the only voter there.

Gadget

We had to wait over an hour, in the rain and we vote at a dinky little fire station. It was likethat when we went to vote this morning at 6:45 and has been like that all day- I'm just happy to see everyone out there voting!

I went after work at 4 p.m. and it only took about 10 minutes myself. No long lines here either.

Lady

I voted early, two weeks ago, the only time I have been to the Mall all year!!

Looks like Tom Daschle might be looking for a job soon :lol: :lol:

Go South Dakota!!!!!!!!

Twisted, I know were in MD but we get a lot of DE news in lower MD. Do you?

I am wondering if you heard about the Libertarian "Infante" running for Governer of DE. I had noticed lately that he was a new front runner and today I found out (on the news) that he has never voted in his lifetime and he is probably twice my age.

Even as a somewhat liberal person, that kills me. How can someone be prepared to run a states government (even Delaware) when they voted today for the first time in thier life?

Is it just me??

Lady

Lady - I hadn't heard of that situation. Kind of strange that he has never voted though. I guess he never liked any candidates until today (now that he's running).

Well the first time it took about 30 minutes, but the second was an hour and the last time I had to wait almost an hour and a half.

Just kidding. I was the 30th voter at my polling place this morning. It wasn't too bad but there was a pretty big line as I was leaving.

Twisted I just heard Bush with 39 electoral votes and Kerry with 03. Still close to the Drudge report. Interesting to see how this pans out! The drudge report was the first one with popular votes I'd seen tonight.

I am watching while I am packing for my trip........

Lady

Since your here with me Twisted, I had an attempted break in Sunday night. Real fun! I didn't find the full evidence till yesterday at lunchtime. I spent six hours foolproofing the house. It looks like I'll be moving this Dec, Jan....AGAIN. Just what my schedule needed this week. I leave first thing Friday morning to beat the west bound bay bridge traffice and find long term parking at BWI. Fun Fun!

You got a party planned if Bush wins?

No, no party. I don't think either of them winning would warrant a party. A sigh of relief maybe...

I can't believe you are having more problems at home. With all that, I guess a move is warranted. Sorry to hear it. On a lighter note, enjoy your trip and leave the troubles behind! They'll wait 'till you return, so don't let it rain on your parade.

TwistedCopper Wrote:

No, no party. I don't think either of them winning would warrant a party. A sigh of relief maybe...

I worked on my local congressional campain, and I plan to be eating victory cake at 11pm, no matter how the Presidental deal turns out.

When you work with another group of folks on a campain for almost a year, I almost feel obligated to be with them as the race is called.

I'll give you a sigh of relief as well. Looks like I'll be dead asleep when the winner is announced unless they hold out till the a.m. news. 90, enjoy your cake! I can see why you'd celebrate as well! Twisted, I will be trying to forget all these troubles at home when I travel. It will be hard at first, but not I expect, a few days into the trip.

Lady

looks like jersey is asleep already.... kerry is winning... a sad day in jersey....

graewulf said:
looks like jersey is asleep already.... kerry is winning... a sad day in jersey....

Just some funny last min. stuff. Tape recordings from Bill Klinton and Jesse Jackson phoned to my family in east arkansas yesterday and today encouraging "black people" to make sure they go vote for Kerry (my family isn't black). Don't guess they cared if white folks voted for him..... Also got several phone calls from live minions trying to drum up support for ole Kerry. My 84 year old grandmother told the guy, and I quote "if the devil was running against Kerry I'd vote for the devil" Dang grandma, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol:

2 things can happen now, bush wins alaska and one remaining state and wins,

or

Bush wins alaska and Kerry runs the table for the rest of the remaining states, which would result

in

a

tie

that would suck

Back