Terry's new Jeep

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
After a pretty long search I've finally found my Jeep, and brought it home Friday night.

I got a 2005 6 cylinder with an auto and air. It's the SE, but the previous owner added 31s with rims, and a console. I'm really happy with it :p

Attachments

• 015small.JPG
    015small.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 016small.JPG
    016small.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 017small.JPG
    017small.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 018small.JPG
    018small.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 116

Congratulations on your new jeep! It's really nice looking. Now go get it dirty :lol:

Am I color blind? Is that Jeep Yellow? LOL, sometimes you have to sacrifice the small stuff for the larger. Great Looking Jeep, now, find a mud puddle or something.

I thought the SE's were 4 bangers. Not that there is something wrong with that.

They were, but if you opted for an automatic, it added the 6 cyl by default. It took them waaaay too long to realize the 4 cyl motors didn't have what it takes to push a jeep with an auto transmission ;)

Nice find Terry! Congrats on your new Jeep.

I didn't know the console was not available (or at least was optional) on the SE's. And I didn't know you could get an SE with the 4.0. Now I know. Nice Jeep!

I didn't know the console was not available (or at least was optional) on the SE's. And I didn't know you could get an SE with the 4.0. Now I know. Nice Jeep!

The guy went to the Jeep dealership and said "I want a console" - so the dealer installed it well after he bought it.

I do have one question - will a 31 inch spare fit on the stock tire carrier?

Yes the spare tire carrier will carry up to a 33 inch tire, but there is a width limit, I am not sure what it is but there is an easy fix. Quadratec has an adaptor that allows you to carry up to a 35 inch tire for 50$. But with 31's you wont need it.
So when are we going to throw some ARB's, gears and a 4:1 into it and get it ready for Moab? Gowd knows thats what you really bought it for! Then you could brag to Red of how good Moab really is.

By the way, nice PJ.....(plain jeep ;) )

The guy went to the Jeep dealership and said "I want a console" - so the dealer installed it well after he bought it.

Yeah it will fit. It may indent the tire a little, but if that bothers you there is a bracket you can buy to extend the existing mount to accept bigger tires:

1faf_1_bJPG-1.jpg

I just now joined. I recently bought a second jeep; this one is a 2007 Liberty and it now has 80 miles. It is wonderful!!

Not to hijack, but I just upgraded to 32s on my TJ, in regards to the third brake light above the spare, it doesnt look like it will clear a 32" tire. Is there a way to move it up? Or will I need to remove it completely?

The wife loves it. She really wanted something newer and nice looking, instead of a fixer upper, since this is my daily driver.

I must say, I'm really happy. The 6 has alot more power than I expected.

Yeah it will fit. It may indent the tire a little, but if that bothers you there is a bracket you can buy to extend the existing mount to accept bigger tires:

1faf_1_bJPG-1.jpg

Terry, if you or anyone else needs the bracket, let me know. I have one but no longer have a use for it because i now have the bumper/tire carrier combo.

Last edited:
Back