Tennessee Turkey Trot is on!

Tug-n-pull

Well I tryed to post this this morning but my server was down or something so here we go again. L33TJ33P aka Jason hit Tennessee last evening about dark. We ate dinner and hit the trails no time to waste. Did the No Business trail thing all the way back to the bitter end on the Red Clay banks and had a ball. Yea I know No Pics cause it was just to dark to get any. That will be tomorow.

Jasons mods are a big improvment from his last trip up. His TJ from the rear looked almst twisted as it flexed over the rough areas. He is maken a great trail jeep for someone with AC and Cruise hehehe.

We instaled his thumb throtle today and are heading out for another night ride. Spent all day doing the turkey thing! Bla!

Doing Dark Holler tonight looks like we will be getting Dirty so in the morning we will be primed. Doing the Mill Creek to Clarks Creek then back to Rich Mountain Tomorow. That is a great trail open only to the deer Hunters so we will have to go mess up their day driven through.

Will try and get pics in the dark but can not promise any thing but a try. Wish I had many of you here with us. Tug

Darn tug,it sounds like you guys are having way to much fun.Jeep safe and get some pics!

lifting it up

What a blast we had. Here it is Monday, I am at work and all I can talk about to my Co-workers and friends is what I did. None of their stories of Family and shopping can compare. I pushed lil'bit even farther this time and had her teetering on the Edge of her tires with nothing but Ragged broken Roots pointing at my face from the clay Embankment. I was Sure I was gonna loose a fender flare or at least my Mirror.

The last trail we went on was a Site indeed. I was sure I was gunna roll 300+ yards down a mountian. Imagine if you will:
Forward momentum stops and you start sliding backwards (all four wheels on sheet ice that was snow that has been packed down by other motorists. If you hit the Gas all 4 tires just spin and if you hit the brakes you slide faster. NEVER have I felt so out of control. The Edge of the Road was comming closer and WAY too fast. NOTHING to tie to Shrubs on the Left and nothing but Drop on the Other and "Other" is where I was sliding.

Tug stepped out of the jeep and went to see if I would stop sliding. Fortunantly, the Edge (about 12") was un-packed snow and I got enough traction to stop the slide. Neither of us could walk where we were so that in itself was not fun. I had to let Tug (Mr. alaska driver) get to the Bottom of the Ice. I was surely in no condition to try and get out of there.

I came home with a WHOLE new outlook. They say that your Life flashes in-front of your Eyes, Well, Mine was a short show, I gotta fix that.

Was fun to see that big ol Marine white knuckled a couple of times. Heheheh We did have a blast. Jason all I can say is hurry back when you can and we will do it all again with all new trails and angles and roots and ice and laughter. tug

OH man I'm glad it was you and not me. I woulda died. Glad you had fun and were living on the edge! lol

Funny Tug! Great times always down there huh?

Lady

Sometime next year tug. Jeepz week or otherwise I'll be there next year!

Lady

Jeep YJ or CJ Full Cage with 92+ Family Rear

Next Trip Will be Rich Mountian Only. I will bring stuff for the Eating and we will just stay on that mountian till we see where all the trails go. Even if we have to turn around at Gates and go back up. Maybe I will have my Warn by then and we can get up the nasty stuff. Then when I get Home I will hurculine the Whole Jeep.

Back