Teen hospitalized with dehydration after 4-day Xbox marathon

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
[video]http://vp.mgnetwork.net/traveler.swf?u=cf736a1a323010308fb5001ec92a4a0d[/video]

An Ohio woman has confiscated the Xbox of her 15-year-old son who was hospitalized for dehydration after spending at least four days in his bedroom playing the Modern Warfare 3 video game, WCMH TV reports.

Jesse Rawlins tells the NBC affiliate in Columbus that her son, Tyler Rigsby, emerged from his bedroom Tuesday morning after a marathon round of game-playing, and collapsed three times.

She says he became very pale and his lips turned blue.

"I was very scared. I thought he was going to die," she tells WCMH. "He just fell over three times."

The TV station quotes an emergency physician at a children's hospital as saying dehydration can lead to decreased blood pressure and a lack of adequate oxygen to the brain.

Rawlins, who says Tyler had only left his bedroom to use the bathroom, pick up snacks and take a quick shower, adds that both have learned a lesson the hard way.

She says Tyler was shaken by the ordeal, and didn't complain about his punishment.

"The Xbox is gone," she says.

Teen hospitalized with dehydration after 4-day Xbox marathon

Gonna just leave this here
Darwin-Awards.jpg

Don't get me started on lack of parental responsibility. People better not start blaming the gaming world for the reason the mother never made the kid get his azz out of the room!

I will never have children. Forever untethered, no responsibility. Oh, and, uh, anatomically preserved.

Don't get me started on lack of parental responsibility. People better not start blaming the gaming world for the reason the mother never made the kid get his azz out of the room!

I will never have children. Forever untethered, no responsibility. Oh, and, uh, anatomically preserved.

Hehe

I told you untamed. I suppose cable ties are the only answer. 8)

Hmmm... let me think about their intended use in the thread originally discussed... I don't know if I like the sound of your comment... :scratch:

All I meant is this...take duck tape for example...1001 uses....rope...you are always 2" short for strapping your stuff down...in my profession (electrician) ty-wraps are used for almost everything. Sorry if it sounded different than intended.

I'm always joking. Don't take me serious. As a woman, I have the inherent ability to twist your coment into a negative statement. Don't you know that about women? I was insinuating... think about it.

Well I think that backfired...I took no offence to what RN said I just wanted to know if she could tell also.

Hello everybody! It has been a while but I am back in town an decided to stop by. Of the topic but on the same page.... I read today about a coup,e in Delaware (husband is a doctor) that got arrested for weatherboarding their teenage daughter for not behaving her self......

Back