Swamper TSL

The TSL and TSL SX are basically the same tire. The SX has a sidewall tread on it and I think it has more plies on the sidewall, but not sure. You would have to go to the Interco site for that. Neither are very good for a daily driver. They would not be good on the highway. The SSR's are all around junk. The last set I saw on the trail could have been out done by some Michelins.
The radial Baja Claws seem to be ok. I have only seen them run a few times on the trail. I don't know about their performance on the street. I would think they would be the best of both worlds.
The MTR's would probably be decent for both, but I have heard that they wear pretty quick on the highway.
Maybe some other guys will chime in on the Goodyears.

The TSL and TSL/SX are biasply, very aggressive but they lack in road manners. They flat spot from sitting, but it works out of the tire after warming up from a few minutes driving. The TSL Radial is slightly less aggressive but has much better road manners. Good handling and no flat-spotting.

The aggressive tires wear quicker onroad, so determine how much you want to spend and how often you want to replace your tires.

I've had the TSL radial and the TSL/SX. Road manners aren't as important to me as offroad traction, so I'm happier with the more aggressive TSL/SX I have now.

Back