suspension lift

93ZJ

hello everyone, I was wondering if any of ya'll have any ideas of what kind of a suspension lift is good for a 1993 Grand Cherokee ZJ. I was wanting to fit 31" to 32" inch tires on it. Are they easy to install or should i have a professional install it for me. Thank

93ZJ[addsig]

lifts are generally pretty easy to install, for a zj at least. All youll need is a coil compressor. You can rent one from an auto parts store if you don't have one. ZJ lifts are pretty easy to fit 31's and 30's. All you have to buy are 4 coil spacers. RustysOfroad has em for like less than 40 bones a pair(youll need 2 pair). Youll probobly want to get some new shocks too that are a little bit longer, or shock extensions. All you need are 2" or 1.75" spacers. Or for around $300 you could get a 3" lift that has new coil springs all the way around and a rear trac-bar bracket. But, 4wd.com had a budget boost for the ZJ. So happy lifting.

edited by: Benskate1, Apr 22, 2003 - 03:30 PM[addsig]

The 3" inch lift on rusty's offroad page, does it come with all the necessary parts or is there other things you have to buy as well... if i got the 3 inch suspension lift and like a 1.75 spacer put in would i need to get brakeline extensions or would it be alright until i went bigger.... what size tires would you recommend for that much of a lift. thanks

93ZJ[addsig]

i've been having some questions about a lift kit also.....I was just wondering what's best, a suspension lift or a air bag lift kit?? If anyone has any ideas, i'd really like to hear em, we have a 89 jeep cherokee, and what's the "ideal" hight for a lift?? :-? :-? [addsig]

all depends on what you're doing with it, how often its driven, how much it see offroad, what size tires you want to run, etc... i have a 3" lift on my '90 XJ and i love it! i've never heard of airbag suspensions on a jeep, maybe for some lowrider stuff...[addsig]

Ok here's the vitals, dingus, our jeep is one of the main vehicles that we drive....how much it sees off road....as much as we can do with a stock jeep.....that's mainly why were wanting to get the lift, the size of tires and the height of the lift is what i'm wanting to know...what's the ideal height (we were thinkin about maybe between 3-5inch lift)? and how big of tires? And i have been to some sites where guys have put airbag lift kits for off road stuff. I'd like to hear back ---Big_J[addsig]

i'm not the ZJ master here, but i do know that a 3" lifted long-wheelbased jeep is VERY nice. mine rides better than stock, and has room for 31's. i wanna say you can fit 32's on yours if you lift it 3", but i'm not positive. anything higher than 3" and you're replacing suspension pieces, lowering your transfer case, shimming this and that... not worth it in my opinion if you're still driving it on-road.

-nate[addsig]

alrite, i'm settled on a 3" lift.....dingus, you said you're jeep can handle 31's with that lift you have??? How much did those run ya?? and are 31's the max you can go with, with a 3" lift?? :-? :-? :-? [addsig]

i'm getting a set of canyon rims and 30's on a little inside-deal, so i haven't shopped for 31's yet. the guy on the phone said that 32's would FIT, but will rub at flex and full turn. most likely have to trim your fenders and such if you want 32's. do some research before buying tires, some suck, some suck worse.

-nate[addsig]

Back