Suspension Lift?

TJExtreme

How can I tell what brand of suspension lift is installed on my jeep? I can't contact the previous owner. The suspension is too stiff. I am wanting to change it out something softer. I will post some pics tomm.
What I do know.
1. Teraflex spacers in front
2. Skyjacker shocks
3. I replaced the 3" Body lift with 1" Daystar Body Lift

Are there spacers in the rear as well? Sounds like it may be a budget boost, spacers over stock springs. The type of shock may account for the stiff ride.

Front Suspension
front suspension.jpg

Rear Suspension
Rear suspension.jpg

Shock
shock.jpg

I didn't see a spacer in the rear. Does that mean that the front spacer is a level kit or still part of budget boost? I want to remove spacer to soften my ride. If you need more pics for further analysis let me know.

Removing the spacer will not soften the ride; to soften the ride you need either new shocks or new springs (or both).

Most TJ's are nose-down from the factory, so it may have only been added to the front to level things out, although it's a bit much for leveling. The black springs look stock, are there any tags taped around any of the springs?

The spacer will not stiffen the ride, consider new shocks.

I couldn't find any tags. The mystery has been solved.(No Suspension Lift) I guess I need new shocks. It sad it only has 47k miles.

Not sad, the Nitro 8000 is a gas-charged shock and they are generally stiffer than hydraulic shocks. Get a good set of hydro's and you will likely be happy. Take a look at Doetsch-Tech 3000's.

Back